« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
Bear writes in, "given how much trouble/pain tinderbox has been these last days/week, I think the following should become Friends of the Tree:
- nthomas - he pointed us in the direction that it might be old build data causing an issue
- rhelmer - for diving into old crufty tinderbox code to fix load/scaling issues that he found after getting profile data of tinderbox
- justdave - for enabling and being soo helpful in allowing rhelmer to do what he did
And from John O'Duinn,
- jlazaro and henry and jabba in IT for using putty knives to open up mac minis and do RAM upgrades. They upgraded 81 mac minis in a week, doing batches at a time, so no downtime was needed. This need came up recently for OSX10.6 64bit build symbols. Super fast (and very tricky) work, thank you.
Monday, 16 August
- Firefox 4 Beta 4 Code Freeze (likely early evening PT)
Tuesday, 17 August
- TryServer "roast" , 11:30 PST in 10 Forward and on Air Mozilla
Wednesday, 18 August
Thursday, 19 August
Friday, 20 August
- Brownbag by Diaspora, 12:30 Pacific in 10 Forward and on Air Mozilla
Product Status Updates
- Beta 3 shipped last week
- Beta 4 code freeze is today
- TabCandy has landed, but there are a couple of bad functional regressions we need to fix
- Firefox Sync has landed
- we're making a call on D2D on by default a little later today
- Currently around 500k beta users
- Code freeze was last Thursday. We had pretty decent convergence, though we are still tracking down some stragglers that missed code freeze
- Bug verifications are ongoing, plan to create a build on August 23
- Working to get in the last remaining bugs for alpha. All have patches, waiting on reviews
Older Branch Work
- See the status for Firefox 3.6 above
- Big news for Drumbeat this week: milestone for WebMadeMovies project
- WMM is an open video lab aimed at producing awesome reference implementations and demos that showcase what open video and HTML5 can do
- Check it out at drumbeat.org/webmademovies
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Mozilla Labs Gaming: Game On!||Pascal Finette||The Teaser||The Site||Coming soon...|
|Tours @ Mozilla!||Mary Colvig||Sign up/overview of tours||Please let me know if you'd like one + want to help!|
Status Updates By Team
- QA Org Highlights
- Browser Technologies
- Weave 1.4.4 tested and shipped to AMO in 2 1/2 hours
- Desktop Firefox
- Testday completed Friday covering Firefox Sync, TabCandy and Mozmill. 34 bugs reported.
- QA Services
- Tomcat sent out request to nightly testers to join a mailing list to better inform testers on the current issues and test focus for Firefox nightly builds.
Automation & Tools
- Almost completed a formal Tools staging area setup which will help us turn around new test frameworks and talos suites more efficiently
- CrossWeave found several good sync bugs last week, working with the Sync team to formalize the interactions they'd like to see from that tool
- We have an early profile management tool completed in alpha. It's currently undergoing very focused usability and UI testing - ping ctalbert or jgriffin if you'd like a link to the tool. We will go to a public alpha once we finalize the UI this week.
- We also released Mozmill 1.4.2 beta 4 last week.
- We did a demo of Bug Hunter - our automatic crash reproduction tool last week. It's currently finding many crashes and we're ensuring bugs are filed against those.
- More notes are here.
- Next Firefox 4 Beta Arrives, Now With Multi-touch
- Firefox 4 Beta 3 Adds Windows 7 Multitouch Support
- Firefox 4: Now With Multitouch
- Firefox 4 hits third beta stage, gets touchy-feely with Windows 7
- Firefox 4 beta 3 brings JS math optimization and multitouch
- Lots of movement on Firefox 4 documentation the past week.
- Please be sure to add the
dev-doc-neededkeyword to any bugs that may impact documentation, even if they're not fixed yet!
- The metrics team is currently collecting logs for our production Hadoop and Hbase cluster inside HIVE. More info at http://bit.ly/hive_flume
- Mozilla properties can now import their logs in near real-time inside HIVE and query using HQL (SQL'ish language)
- HIVE can be used for querying the log data thereby improving our ability to make decisions based on data.
- It's a work in progress, data won't be lost but might not work as intended on first attempt.
- Contact us if you would like to import your data.
- A number of refinements to the Web Console landed on trunk in time for Firefox 4 beta 4.
- Good progress has been made on many aspects of the new Inspector tool. Expect to see a much nicer Inspector in beta 5.
Introducing New Hires
- Lloyd Hilaiel (Staff Engineer - Mozilla Labs)
- Margaret Leibovic (Firefox)
- Drumbeat Festival info page is up: http://www.drumbeat.org/festival
- Look for registration information soon