Mozilla Office Tours
Please help us make office tours AWESOME! Sign up below to show people around + tell them a little about Mozilla. Tour suggestions are below.
|Date + Time||Organization + Contact||Topic(s)||Tour hosts||More Details|
|Wed., Sept 28. 4:00 p.m.||Technovation Challenge - HS girls||Basic tour of the office and Mozilla Women Lightening Talks||Jennifer Arguello||Asa Dotzler|
|Wed., Jan 12. 12:00 p.m.||Chinese Delegation (Mobile CEO's)||Basic tour of the office/and Mozilla Discussion||Sara Yap||22 people|
|Tue., Jan 11. 2:30 p.m.||Jonathan Zittrain and Stanford Law School||Basic tour of the office/and Mozilla Salon/Chat||Sara Yap||15 people|
|Tue., Aug 17. 2 p.m.||CloudKick interns - Alex Polvi||Basic tour of the office.||mrz||6 people, 2 interns.|
|Wed., Aug 19. 2 p.m.||VIA/Stanford - Julia Kho||1) Overview of Mozilla + Asian activities + 2) What it's like to work at Moz. Also interested in how college students go about getting a job.||Jono, Bret + Mary|
|Fri, Aug 20 1:30 p.m.||Alena Kuczynski/VIA||Tour + overview of employee responsibilities + look at technical aspects of their job.||Mary, but need more help. Aza?||20 - 25 students. They're also Japanese students.|
|Jan 16 TBD||Kirill Novikov||Basic tour of the office||William||1 community member|
Thank you for volunteering to be one of our lovely SF Tour Guides! Please see here for some tips and info you can use on your tour: SF Tour Guide
- Start with the basics:
- Folks like to see the space we inhabit. Everything from our lobbies, kitchens, "play" areas, to where the various groups sit.
- Make it personal and show people where your team sits + your desk.
- Explain the background to our conference room names -- Internet memes (3rd floor) + acronyms (2nd floor).
- Sticker decals on glass separaters (all lifted from Mozilla.com + marketing campaigns)
- Show off our artifacts - current crowd pleasers include:
- The World Record certificate (Engagement area)
- The Firefox Crop Circle planning doc (Engagement area)
- Dino sculpture (2nd floor lobby)
- Mitchell's fabric works (3rd Floor lobby + All your bases)
- Launch posters (scattered about)
- Trophy case (press awards + fan art)
- racks of minis in RelEng area of 2nd floor
- Other awesome stuff:
- Willow Garage Robots
- "Dashboards" with tweets, etc
- Snacks (people are always wow'd)
- Visitors should get a drawstring bag w. a few goodies (working on this).