« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Web Compat
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Congratulations to Emily Pierce, Gen Kanai, Ankit Gadgil, and Gauthram Raj, this week's Community Building Superstars! Keep being great and doing what you do for the Open Web!
- Localizers from Mozilla's Tamil community for stepping up and translating app strings. Hat-tip to SyedKhaleel Jageer and viswaprasathKS for lending their support. Want to get more involved in app localization? Visit https://www.transifex.com/organization/mozilla-tech-evangelism/ or ping havi@ or havi on IRC
Monday, 28 July
- There's a new and improved about:Mozilla newsletter form! It's much shorter and easier to fill out. Please fill it out by Monday in order to have your contribution activities considered for the newsletter!
- Join us at 2pm Pacific for the Marketplace community meeting--there are changes coming to the Marketplace Day format, so come and get involved: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Tuesday, 29 July
- Mozillians Town Hall (2014 Goals) Developer Relations : https://air.mozilla.org/town-hall-2014-goals-developer-relations/
- 10:00am PT - 11:00am PT
Wednesday, 30 July
- MDN Community meeting: in #mdn on IRC, 10:00 PDT, 17:00 UTC. See/add to the Agenda.
- 7/30 @1:30PM 1:30- Pranav Maddi, "Tracking Firefox health" MV
- 7/30 @2PM 2- Shihua Zheng, "Locale-aware sorting on IndexedDB" SF
- Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, and @MozSF!
- 7/30 17:30-18:30 Independent Writing Hour
- 7/30 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb discussions and hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details or irc://irc.freenode.net/indiewebcamp.
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
Thursday, 31 July
- QA Fair in the Mt. View office - see https://quality.mozilla.org/2014/07/come-prepared-to-explore-the-world-of-mozilla-at-our-qa-fair/
Friday, 01 August
Saturday, 02 August
Sunday, 03 August
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- v2.1 development kicked off last week (Jul 21) -- new features have been updated on the Firefox OS Roadmap
Speaker Location: Amira Dhalla and Chris Lawrence (Brooklyn)
Maker Party update: As of this morning, Maker Party has 873 events with 47,790 attendees in 220 cities around the world. We're seeing a lot of enthusiastic conversation on social media, and in announcements and blog posts from our ~270 partners.
You can see some recent press here:
Times of India Bronx News 12 Newsplex NBC 29
In addition to our partner and press outreach, we're also seeing success by activating the Mozillian community—Reps, Hive, Science Lab.
Introducing the Net Neutrality Global Teach-ins and training:
Starting next week, we'll be offering free trainings on the topic of Net Neutrality, in preparation for a series of Global Net Neutrality Teach-ins, as part of Maker Party. Go here for more info: https://blog.webmaker.org/join-mozilla-for-global-teach-ins-on-net-neutrality
Our partners include: Reddit, Free Press, Open Media, IMLS / ALA, Media Alliance Every Library and Engine Advocacy.
Non-verbal: Marketplace team is looking for some app developers to give them feedback on a new way of doing in-app payments. The new process does not require the app developer to run a server. If you are an app developer, thinking of using payments, please join us on the marketplace mailing list or on IRC in #payments.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Kristin Baird||Director of Integrated Marketing||Grow Tunisia - Event and Application to Attend||SF||No||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Grow_2014#Grow_Tunisia|
|William Reynolds||Product manager, Community Tools||Improvements to vouching on mozillians.org||SF||No||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozillians/Vouching|
|Liz Compton||Legal Affairs Manager||Improving Trademark Enforcement Efforts||MV||No||No||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1G_fHEzN3BjAcO3MTD2Y1xphZ5LqwMEdDgZmUizCCJsQ/edit?usp=sharing|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Alex Bardas||Drew Willcoxon||Mountain View||San Francisco||FFX Engineering|
|Marco Castelluccio||Myk Melez||Mountain View||San Francisco||Web Runtime Engineering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Applications to participate in the Flame Foxtrot program are now closed and being reviewed by the Foxtrot team. Everyone who applied will be contacted in the next few weeks. Details & updates on this and Flame at the Flame wiki.
Automation & Tools
Quick report on webcompat.com: making progress on viewing and interacting with issues from the site itself, e.g., http://webcompat.com/issues/200.
Big thanks to Daniel Davis, Alexa Roman, Guillaume Demesy, Karl Dubost, Vlad Filippov for their ongoing contributions.