« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- A big THANK YOU to all localizers on MDN. We started the year with 4 locales 100% translated; now we have 11 and several more very close! This represents a huge amount of work localizing the open web's documentation. Feel free to help them.
- Thank you to VP7, Nino, Gio, and shoewilliam for their help with the cross-platform testing of Marketplace apps on desktop!
Monday, 24 November
Tuesday, 25 November
- Apps and Marketplace Day will be 1-5pm in the Portland Hilton, Pavilion Ballroom West. If you are at the coincident work week, please join us to find out everything that's happening with Firefox Marketplace and Open Web Apps!
Wednesday, 26 November
Thursday, 27 November
Friday, 28 November
Saturday, 29 November
- JSCONF Argentina in Buenos Aires on Nov 29th
- Andreas Gal is the keynote speaker of this first JSConf to be organized in Latin America.
- A pre-event workshop to showcase the Dev Browser Edition to the local programer community is organized by Mozillian Guillermo Movia and his team, Felipe and Pablo.
Sunday, 30 November
- It's the last day of the month, so be sure to note your Marketplace and Add-on contributions: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Contributing/Nov2014#Get_Recognized. The contributor of the month will be chosen from this list, and announced early next month.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- FF10 launch check in
- Search changes
- If you missed the announcements, start with chris' blog post
Speaker Location: MTV (Asa)
- Firefox OS on Raspberry Pi. (Potch to read in his brilliant baritone)
- An excellent how-to video that includes instructions and links (from Bunny & Boar). http://youtu.be/U467HSjuFOs
- Mozilla Wiki page with links, mailing lists, and how you can participate in this project: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fxos_on_RaspberryPi
- Over the last two weeks, we've seen 360 patches from 197 Mozillians with 7 first time OS contributors.
- Johannes Weißl patchified Carlos Sánchez' fix and landed it for 971353 - hamachi: 'Unknown SIM card state' or 'No SIM' after flashed with self-build build
- Francesco Canessa fixed 1079776 - [Contact] Set ICE contact page is missing background
- Matěj Cepl fixed 1096057 - Could we get Czech(QWERTY) keyboard?
- Dorian fixed 943165 - [Messages] Bug 934531 follow-up: make the visual right for numbers-only headers
- Phaninder Pasupula fixed 936823 - [first run] on last attempt for correct PUK, two messages with same meaning shown/concatenated
- Daniel Bonnevier fixed 1090919 - Audio is lost when mediaserver restarts (AudioPolicyService death callback problem?).
- Cristian Carlesso fixed 1092536 - add animation to clearing of all notifications
- Flame Phone Updates
- Two weeks ago our Flame partner shipped Firefox 2.0 for the Flame with an over-the-air-update.
- Large shipment of Flames arrived in MTV on Friday. If you've reached out to me with a request for a Flame or I've offered to send you one, expect to get a shipping notice in the next couple of days. If you're in MTV, you can swing by my desk to pick up your device. I will try to bring a batch to Portland for folks wanting to avoid shipping.
- As soon as we have our first Foxtrot builds (we're working with our Flame partner on this) I'll be flashing those to the 200 Foxtrot Flames and shipping those out.
- Interesting New Features & Fixes
- 1081731 - Add private browsing to Firefox OS in Gaia
- 1020847 - Support handwriting for Simplified Chinese
- 1082675 - Enable app-grouping by default
- 1095727 - Tweak fling curving prefs
- 1066888 - Overscroll physics improvements
- 1092104 - The first level Settings menu items should never be disabled
- 1092888 - Enable selection carets for non-editable fields
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Azita Rashed / Dave Herman||CTO Office||Updates from the CTO||Mountain View and Remote||No||N/A||N/A|
|Andrea Wood||Fundraising||Updates on our end-of-year fundraising efforts plus Official Mozilla Gear (PDF of presentation here)||Remote||Yes||NA||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Foundation/EOY|
|Dave Steer||Advocacy||Help us recruit Open Web Fellows!||San Francisco||Yes||NA||advocacy.mozilla.org|
|Michael Huang||Firefox OS||Firefox OS Zen Launch in India||would like to share a Video only||No||https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlx5rxne6o286v1/FoxNews-001%20v2.mp4?dl=0||N/A|
|Chris Riley||Public Policy||Net Neutrality||San Francisco||No||NA||https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Andrea Rice||Andreas Gal||Mountain View||Mountain View||Executive Assistant to CTO|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Content Services Housekeeping
- Preparing for Portland Work Week
- User Personalization (UP)
- The Interest Dashboard has been live for 2 weeks.
- We're continuing to develop and would love your feedback. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tiles are live in 25 countries right now
- Mozilla Foundation launched their fundraising tile last week (Support Mozilla)
- Brown Bag for Community Tiles will be scheduled today, details to be announced next week
- Subscribe 2 Web (S2W)
- Friends of Mozilla
- Thanks to the Swedish Community for their help in adapting the S2W survey to Sweden (to be run this week), specially
- Friends of Mozilla