- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Our newest Friend of AMO is Zitronella! She is an active member of the German community who also helps keep Firefox safe. Read more about her contributions: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/05/06/friend-of-amo-zitronella/
- Thanks to Michael Balazs for stepping up to lead the featured add-ons board. Michael has been a community board member for a few years, and will now help guide and coordinate the group.
- Thanks to everyone who wrote posts for the Mozilla Hacks blog in April: Dietrich Ayala, Kumar MacMillan, Chris Mills, Jason Orendorff, Potch, J Ryan Stinnett, Piotr Zalewa, and volunteer contributors Scott Anecito and the Portland State University Capstone Project team (under the mentorship of Dietrich) and Andrzej Mazur (MozRep, tech evangelist & HTML5 game dev)!
Monday, 11 May
Tuesday, 12 May
Wednesday, 13 May
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- Watch an engineer hacking on Firefox LIVE! The Joy of Coding: Episode 14 airs this Wednesday at 10 AM PT / 1PM ET / 5PM GMT.
- Dev Talks Cluj Napoca - Mozilla Booth
- 3D Web Fest is a showcase of the best of the 3D Web, from music to art to technology. With live music and panel discussions. 7-11pm Wednesday @ Folsom Street Foundry in San Francisco.
Thursday, 14 May
- JSConf Budapest, 14th - 15th, Budapest, Hungary.
- Talk on WebAudio presented by Soledad Penadés and several mozillian attendees.
Friday, 15 May
- Rust 1.0 Celebration May 15th at London Mozilla offices
- Hosted by Andreas Tolfsen to celebrate Rust w informal talks
- Webdev Beer and Tell at 2PM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo room (and streaming on AirMo)
- Open to the public!
- Monthly get-together where webdevs across the community show off their side projects.
Saturday, 16 May
- Mozilla Reps Africa Meetup, 16th - 17th, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mozilla Reps Africa Meetup will be the first meetup among African Reps to discuss on the progress made by independent communities over the past years and the challenges faced by each community
- More info on the Reps event page.
- RSJS 2015, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Advancing the Careers of Tech Women: Seattle May 16th, Seattle, WA
- One-day engagement event for women to build skills, grow their community, and accelerate their career path. The conference includes main speaking sessions, parallel hands-on workshops, and breakout sessions for one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Mozillian Sandra Persing as co-organizer
Sunday, 17 May
- Write the Docs May 17-19th in Portland, OR
- Join over 300 people for a three-day event to explore the art and science of documentation
- Mozillians Janet Swisher speaking on Entry points and guide posts: Helping new contributors find their way
- DORS-CLUC, 18th-20th, Zagreb, Croatia.
- DORS/CLUC is one of the biggest free and open source conferences in Croatia. Conference gathers international and local IT experts in order to exchange experiences and ideas.
- BucharestJS, 20th, Bucharest, Romania.
- Mozilla Balkans community Meetup, 22nd to 24th, Bucharest, Romania.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Mountain View (dcamp)
- Help us test Developer Edition 40!
Andrew Sliwinski (PDX)
- Webmaker for Android
- Preview release & nightly builds now available: http://mzl.la/webmaker-install
- Bug Tracking: https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker-android/issues
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Brian Anderson||Research Engineer, Rust||Rust 1.0||MTV||No||https://brson.github.io/rust1.html||https://brson.github.io/rust1.html|
|Dia Bondi & Greg Jost||Brand Strategy||Shape of the Web||SF||Yes||https://www.shapeoftheweb.org|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Jascha Kaykas-Wolff||Mitchell Baker||Mountain View||San Francisco||Engagement, Chief Marketing Officer|
|Ryan Childs||Linda Ypulong||San Francisco||San Francisco||Mozilla Operations Center Engineer|
|Ritu Kothari||Lawrence Mandel||Toronto (remote)||Mountain View||Firefox Release Management|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1151745 Added ability to search when changing a bug's product
- bug 1151745 Changing a bug's product no longer requires an intermediate confirmation page
(Both of these features are only available if you use the new Bugzilla UI).