|Feature||Dev Lead||QA Lead||Status|
|AMO||Clouser [:clouserw]||Krupa [:krupa]||Not ready to test|
browsers: Firefox Release, Aurora, Nightly
platforms: Windows, Linux, MacOSX, Android
- Only extensions will be signed. This means Themes, Search tools, Dictionaries and language packs won't be affected.
- Only the latest version will be signed.
Risks & Questions
- Older unsigned versions won't work. This means users who have older version installed from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/versions/ will have add-ons not working for them. Need to file a bug to change copy on the Old Versions page.
- Add-on development & testing needs to happen on nightly which itself is unstable. Is this okay?
- All Firefox users will be prompted to update their add-ons. People who skip it will not be able to use their add-ons.
- What happens if the developer deletes the latest version? Do we warn them if it is the only signed version of their add-on?
- Need to check that our signing works on an add-on which has been signed by the developer.
- Signing servers are set up on amo dev
- Submission flow for getting non-hosted add-ons signed is set up on dev
- No P1 bugs open