Meeting Notes for 2012-10-16
- Jeff Griffiths.
- Jorge Villalobos.
- Asa Dotzler.
- Matthew Grimes.
- Kris Maglione.
- Dave Townsend.
- Jeff to report back about bug 784189, Yahoo! and hotfix.
- Jorge: working on an add-on to prototype the settings reset hotfix.
- Add-ons changing UA string and not resetting it.
- Announcing Project Squeaky internally.
- Babylon Update?
- Malicious add-on report from SUMO
- bug 799266 - "Mozilla Safe Browsing".
- Jeff followed up on 784189
- Gavin wanted something more encompassing than just keyword.url
- Asa agrees that landing this fix is beneficial
- We will want both a support article and possibly PR around this fix
- Want to land this fix in 19. 18 could even be a possibility
- We will be talking to Yahoo soon to fix toolbar optout issues.
- Hotfix for addons may be more difficult than we assumed.
- Asa recommends we fix in trains or is there a light weight hotfix specifically for preferences
- We could advertise Jorge's addon fix in the snippet.
- Should consider a one time reset for UA changes as well. We need to be careful as there are legitimate uses for this.
- We will proceed with blocking searchqu and promote Jorge's addon
- Jorge has hardcoded the block for Mozilla Safe Browser
- Jeff to update bug 784189 with feedback from Asa
- Jeff to contact Erica as well
- Jorge to announce project Squeaky to the company
- Matt to research different identifiers for Mozilla Safe browser
- Jorge to finish his addon. Once the addon is ready, we'll blocklist searchqu and use addon as a cleanup tool.