Add-on Compatibility Reporter
ACR is an add-on for Firefox that lets you report whether add-ons are compatible/working or not. Mozilla monitors these reports and keeps an eye on misbehaving ones to take action to ensure Firefox users have the best experience.
Version 2.0 +
For version 2.0, we ported the add-on the Add-ons SDK
- Install the extension from here
- When testing against preview, go to about:config and change extensions.acr.amo_host to preview.addons.mozilla.org
Issues are now stored in the GitHub project: https://github.com/mozilla/addon-compatibility-reporter/issues
Up to Version 1.1
Up to Version 1.1, ACR was an extension for Firefox, Thunderbird, and Seamonkey that lets you enable add-ons that are not compatible with the current version you are using. You can report whether add-ons are compatible or not. Mozilla will collect these reports and inform add-on developers of the status.
For full details, see the spec.
Here are the steps needed for a release to go out:
- All bugs fixed have to have the correct Target Milestone in Bugzilla
- Mark fixed bugs as FIXED
- Briks will post a test build
- Henrik Skupin will test bugs in the milestone bucket
- If go ahead is given, upload the XPI to AMO.
- If issues are reopened, either fix them and return to step 1, or push out to the next release and go ahead and release anyway.
- Lifehacker : Add-On Compatibility Reporter Enables Incompatible Firefox Extensions, Reports If Still Not Working, February 16, 2010
- Improving the Compatibility Reporter, December 16th, 2009
- Announcing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter, October 22nd, 2009