Requirements for AUS3.
Referential integrity in data source
- Add an RDBMS - MySQL likely - that uses a schema designed to store the data required for business rules and update metadata -- including data points we may not even track currently (these need to be defined).
No duplication of data
- Basic normalization (without OVER normalizing) should quite easily take care of this.
Ability to automate releases (minimal human work)
- Dashboard that shows all valid releases and their updates would be beneficial for knowing the state of any given client that requests an update.
- Able to trigger new updates -- switch to say, "okay, push the udpate"
- Able to define fallbacks
Ability to automate tests and QA/verification
- Able to verify availability of update binaries, possible integration with Bouncer/mirror network
- Able to verify correct XML output based on incoming parameters
- Able to verify .mar application and update application
Automate .mar generation
- Able to generate .mar files by request? More from dmills here.