- 1 Purpose of Meeting
- 2 Next Meeting
- 3 Details & How to Join
- 4 WebExtensions APIs Triage
- 5 Good First Bugs Triage
- 5.1 Triage Guidelines
- 5.2 Bug Queries
- 6 Archive
- 7 Onboarding information template
Purpose of Meeting
Recurring triage sessions to accomplish these community goals:
- WebExtensions APIs:
- Transparency: Decide whether APIs tagged "design-decision-needed" are "design-decision-approved" or "wontfix" to ensure transparency for the direction of WebExtensions.
- Participation: Give guidance on and assign advisors to APIs marked "design-decision-approved" to make it easier for contributors to get involved.
- Experiments: Discuss and provide feedback for WebExtensions Experiments.
- UPDATE: Starting on April 25th, WebExtensions triages will occur on a weekly basis.
- Good First Bugs: Ensure add-on bugs marked "Good First Bug" are fresh and updated for new contributors. If you are a new contributor who wants to write code for add-on related projects, please start here.
- Good First Bugs triages currently occur on a bi-weekly basis.
- WebExtensions APIs triage: April 25, 2017
- Good First Bugs triage: May 2, 2017
Details & How to Join
- Good First Bugs:
- Every other Tuesday at 10:00am Pacific
- WebExtensions APIs & Experiments:
- Every Tuesday at 10:30am Pacific - WebExtensions APIs & Experiments
- Vidyo: ACE room - https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=63EeximucvH3QIFBKbpuBCVBAQU
- IRC: irc.mozilla.org, #Addons channel
WebExtensions APIs Triage
Bugs marked "design-decision-needed" should be:
- Tagged with "design-decision-approved" or "wontfix" (including reason)
Bugs marked "design-decision-approved" should have:
- Clear description of the API and suggested implementation if possible
- Priority & impact
- Link to onboarding process
These are determined from the Monday WebExtensions triage. They are APIs we need more discussion on.
These are APIs we would like to have. They should meet the triage criteria listed above.
- Submit your WebExtensions Experiment by opening an issue on the web-ext-experiments github repo.
- Be sure to include the following in your issue:
- Link to where your experiment is located
- A quick overview of what it does
- Any Bugzilla bugs that it might address
- If you’d like to move your repository over to this organisation and we can create a repository for you
- A comment will be added to the issue when your WebExtensions Experiment has been added to a meeting agenda.
Good First Bugs Triage
All "Good First Bugs" should have:
- Clear description of the issue
- Link to onboarding process
"Maybe Good First Bugs" on GitHub
These are tagged "contrib: maybe good first bug". We triage these and change the tag to "Good First Bugs" if determined to be good for new contributors.
"Good First Bugs" that need a mentor on GitHub
These are tagged "contrib: good first bug" and "needs: mentor". We triage these and add replace the "needs: mentor" label by "contrib: mentor assigned" after we decided on a mentor.
"Good First Bugs" that are assigned to a contributor on GitHub
These are tagged "contrib: good first bug" and "contrib: assigned". We triage these and check-in with contributors on their progress and remove "contrib: assigned" after a longer period of inactivity or no response.
"Good First Bugs" on GitHub
This is the query contributors see. We should spot-check them to ensure they are properly triaged.
WebExtensions Bugs on Bugzilla
- These are WebExtensions bugs that don't have a mentor
- These are WebExtensions bugs that have an assignee but haven't been commented on for 3 weeks
Add-ons Manager Bugs on Bugzilla
- These are Add-ons Manager bugs that don't have a mentor
- These are Add-ons Manager bugs that have an assignee but haven't been commented on for 3 weeks
Dec 13, 2016
Nov 29, 2016
Nov 15, 2016
Nov 1, 2016
Oct 18, 2016
Oct 4, 2016
Sept 20, 2016
Sept 6, 2016
August 23, 2016
August 9, 2016
July 26, 2016
July 12, 2016
June 28, 2016
May 31, 2016
May 17, 2016
April 28, 2016
April 14, 2016
Mar 31, 2016
Mar 3, 2016
Feb 18, 2016
Feb 4, 2016
Jan 21, 2016
Jan 7, 2016
Aug - Oct 2015
Onboarding information template
If this is your first contribution, please refer to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Contribute/Code on how to get started.