This is the FAQ for the addons.mozilla.org (AMO) engineering team's proposed Outreachy projects for 2020.
What is Outreachy, and who is eligible to apply?
See the Outreachy website to learn more about this program and to check your eligibility.
What projects have you proposed?
Our team has proposed 3 projects.
- AMO Homepage Curation Tool
- AMO Theme Generator
- Migrate Extension Workshop
Based on applicant interest and the quality of applications, only one project will move forward.
How do I get started contributing to these projects?
- Get onboarded and set up your development environment! Note: you don't need to fill out the code contributor survey.
- For the AMO Homepage Curation Tool and AMO Theme Generator projects, we'd like to see contributions to issues tagged `contrib: good first bug` or `contrib: welcome` on the addons frontend or addons-server repositories. We will also consider contributions made to the extensionworkshop, linter, or web-ext repositories as well.
- For the Extension Workshop, we would like to see contributions to issues tagged `contrib: good first bug` or `contrib: welcome` on the extensionworkshop repository. We will also consider contributions made to made to the addons frontend, addons-server, linter, or web-ext repositories as well.
- Note that for Extension Workshop, we are specifically looking for applicants who can propose a way to improve performance of Extension Workshop.