Add-ons/Reviewers/Peer Mentor Program
The AMO Reviewer Team is a vital part of the Mozilla add-on ecosystem. To further nurture and develop this team, we are launching a peer mentorship program for friendly, experienced add-on reviewers to onboard and build lasting relationships with new reviewers.
Through this program, we hope to build leaders in the add-on reviewer community, increase retention of add-on reviewers, and improve the sustainability of the add-on review program. New members will have access to experienced peers who will guide them, and mentors will have a chance to grow as leaders and form new relationships.
The mentor/mentee relationship is expected to last nine months.
Expectations of Mentors
- Be an active member of good standing on the add-on reviewer team. The weekly time commitment of being a mentor will be approximately 30 minutes a week.
- Reach out to their mentee by email or IRC when they reach important milestones
- Provide periodic informal check-ins to mentees
- Encourage mentees to review submissions at the top of the queue or try their hand at attempting more
- Escalate concerns or negative feedback from mentees to Caitlin or Andreas.
Expectations of Mentees
- Become familiar with review policies
- Ask questions to their mentor
- Have patience with the learning curve
- Contribute regularly to add-on reviews
- Caitlin will coordinate assignments of mentors and mentees.
- Assignments will be announced to mentors and mentees when their onboarding mentees complete the intro tour.
The mentor/mentee ratio should not be more than 1:3.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or would like to provide feedback about the program, please email cneiman [at] mozilla [dot] com.