All Hands/Orlando2018< All Hands
What is it? -- Multiple team meetings, happening in the same city, at the same time + some opportunity to get together as one big group as well as with other teams as it makes sense. Then, on the last day, we have a fun social event for all, Mozilla-style!
The information on this wiki primarily applies to Full time and contractor staff. If you are a volunteer contributor or intern, please inquire to your coordinator.
Dates, Location and Weather
Monday, December 3 - Friday, December 7, 2018 (travel days are Monday the 3rd & Saturday the 8th) in Orlando, FL.
We are staying at Swan & Dolphin.
*For those countries where rest time is required on weekends (vs. work travel), Mozilla will cover a return on the next available work day, if you choose. This needs to pre-approved and pre-arranged.
This is an invite-only event. All full time and Upwork employees are expected to attend this all company event. Contractors, Vendors and seasonal employees are included on a case by case evaluation based upon team needs. If you have not received information about the All Hands, please contact your manager.
Advance registration is required. Attendees will need to wear their event badge at all times, including to evening events. We will have security at our events who will be ensuring everyone in our space should be there.
We have a process to identify new hires each Monday and will invite them to book travel. No action necessary from managers other than to let them know about the event. Please work closely with your recruiting manager as they are aware of all deadlines.
All new hires must have a start date of November 16 and able to register/book travel by November 1.
Volunteer contributor participation
The process for this is outlined on this page.
All nominations will be done by employees, with a coordinator from each of the Firefox, Emerging Technologies, Marketing, Open Innovation and Operations parts of the organization. There will be no open call for nominations from volunteer Mozillians.
Please note: The information on this wiki primarily applies to Full time and contractor staff. If you have questions about how specifics apply to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Monday is primarily your travel day. You'll be able to pick up your registration stuff between 12:00 pm and 9:00 pm, as well as attend the *Welcome Reception from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
- Centrally located breakfast (incl guests) & lunch (no guests)
- Evening out to enjoy Orlando (or any part of Disney World should you purchase passes).
- Centrally located breakfast (incl guests) & lunch (no guests)
- All company evening event at Kennedy Space Center (incl guests)
- Centrally located breakfast (incl guests) & lunch (no guests)
- Evening out to enjoy Orlando (or any part of Disney World should you purchase passes).
- Centrally located breakfast (incl guests) & lunch (no guests)
- Closing event at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios from 7:00 pm - 12:00 am. We'll have transportation to/from the venue and hotel. Note: there are camera restrictions for this park. You are limited to one DSLR. Tripods and flash/light attachments are not permitted.
- Centrally located breakfast (incl guests)
- Departure day only. No scheduled activities.
Food, Drink & Events
Breakfast, lunch & snacks will be provided and paid for centrally for attendees. Breakfast is provided Tuesday - Saturday and lunch is provided Tuesday - Friday. Menus will be posted here closer to the event.
Allergies/preferences: We will ensure that all food/environmental allergies are taken into consideration and will always have gluten-free and vegan options. If you have severe allergies that we need to know about; you can indicate in registration.
We have evening events on the Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights.
Tuesday & Thursday Night Dinners
You'll be on your own for Tuesday & Thursday and will have a similar expense policy from San Francisco ($60/night - $120 total to include food, beverage, transportation, exchange fees, etc). We will not be providing park passes or Disney gift cards.
Here is how this will work:
For both of these evenings, once your meetings have concluded, you and your team, friends, new acquaintances, are free to explore and to find somewhere great to eat that suits you. Each of you can expense a total of $120 over the two days (or $60/night).
This amount includes:
- Meal cost, including tax & gratuity
- Any beverages
- Transportation to/from the restaurant
- Conversion fees (for credit cards) or cash withdrawal fees
Anything over the $120 for the two evenings will be your own expense. The fine print:
- If your team is hosting an evening event 1 of the nights and the payment is coordinated (meaning, you don’t have to open your wallet and pay), you can expense up to $60 for the other night.
- You will be asked (later) to submit an Mozlando only expense report. You can submit ONE report for Orlando only and must be submitted no later than December 31, 2018.
- No expenses over $60 per night will be appropved.
Volunteer Contributors will have a separate process that will be communicated directly.
Restaurants & Reservations
- All restaurants in Orlando recommend advance reservations.
The hotel has several onsite restaurants.
- DisneyWorld has a searchable database of all of their restaurants - by park (ticketed or not) + cuisine, dining type, price range and rating.
- 26 of the best restaurants in Orlando because Orlando is about more than theme parks and chain eateries—as proven by these overall best local restaurants.
Disney Park Passes
Safety & Security
Alcohol at Events
To better support and sustain an environment (and workplace culture) where people feel safe and included, we have made a set of changes regarding alcohol at our events. In all cases, our approach aligns with our Community Participation Guidelines (“CPG”).
- All participants are required to read and acknowledge our new Community Participation Guidelines as a condition of participation.
- We will limit bar-servings to beer and wine and ensure an equal number and quality (i.e. not just Coke) of non-alcoholic drink options are available and displayed.
- Team dinners should be thoughtful about the potential exclusionary nature of alcohol when planning.
- Clearly outlined, communicated (to event teams, HR and managers) and understood escalation process for behavior that might be deemed counter to the spirit of our CPG.
If you are traveling to the Mozlando All Hands with a device that has Mozilla data (laptop, personal cell phone/tablet with @mozilla gmail, etc) on it and your device has been retained for further inspection by border agents, or if your device has been inspected outside your immediate presence - and you believe your credentials have been compromised - you must notify the Enterprise Information Security team as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Mozilla End User Services at +1 650-963-8811. (This number will be staffed 24x7)
We will work with you to reset your credentials and help you get your device back to a known good state either by getting you a new one (if it’s been taken), or by resetting it back to a verifiable Mozilla-approved installation.
Badges are required to access all meeting spaces and evening events.
Hotels are reserved during registration. Mozilla will pay for your hotel room with a check in date of Monday, December 3 and a check-out of Saturday, December 8. A link to self-book any pre/post stays at your hotel will be available, should that be part of your plan. Please do not book your hotel through Egencia.
Payment on Check-in
Everyone will be required to present a form of payment on check-in for incidentals. This is a US hotel standard and we aren't able to waive it (we tried). Upon check-in, the hotel will place a $100 pre-authorization hold on your credit card for any incidentals you may incur during your stay. Upon departure, the hold on your credit card will be removed.
We recommend providing a credit card. You can provide a debit card, but they do put a hold of funds on your card and has been problematic for some international travelers in the past. If you are not able to provide a credit or debit card, email email@example.com and we'll work with the hotel on accommodating.
Early Check-in or Late Check Out
Check in begins at 4:00pm. If you arrive before this time, you may preregister at the Front Desk. Should your room not be available, the Bellstand can assist you in storing your luggage while you begin to enjoy the amenities of the Resort. For Guests in need of a place to freshen up, the health studios offer shower and locker facilities. Please note that the hotel is unable to guarantee early check-in.
On the day of your departure you can continue to enjoy our world class amenities. Checkout time is at 11:00am. Should you require storage for your luggage, our Bellstand will be more than happy to assistance. For Guests in need of a place to freshen up, the health studios offer shower and locker facilities. To request a departure time later than 11am, please contact our Guest Services department at 0 on your in room telephone the day before your departure. Please note that the hotel is unable to guarantee late check-out in advance.
Early departure is available for a fee. The fee is equal to one night's room rate plus applicable taxes. Please inform the front desk of changes to your departure information by midnight on day of arrival and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have booked your stay through an outside vendor (for pre/post), please consult the company with their cancellation policies as they may differ from the resort.
Links to self-book any pre/post stays - pre (Nov 30, Dec 1-2) & post nights (Dec 8-10) - were emailed in August, or as part of your invitation to book travel. If you did not receive the links, or lost the email with them, email email@example.com
The Mozlando 2018 Egencia portal opened in late August and booking instructions were be emailed to anyone approved to attend. The deadline to book travel was September 14. New hires will have individual deadlines based upon hire/start date.
Specific instructions were emailed to you about how to book, as we have a new process for anyone based outside the US, Canada & Central/South America. You will NOT be booking your All Hands travel in the new country based site.
Should you need to reach someone for special circumstances or changes that can't be done online:
- Call: +1 (877) 264-1622 or +1 (417) 521-0273; Hours of operations are Monday – Friday (except holidays) 5:00 AM– 5:30 PM PST or 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM EST (2 pm - 11 pm UTC). If you call outside these hours, you will get an after hours agent, who may not be as helpful.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email is monitored Monday - Friday.
Important Details: Everyone should plan to arrive in Orlando on Monday, December 3rd and leave on Saturday, December 8th. Anyone who plans to arrive ahead of that or to stay longer, regardless of the reason, must follow the "arriving early/departing late guidelines." These guidelines also apply if you want to fly in or out of airports other than your home airport and Orlando (anything custom). A few notes:
- If you are a vendor (paid by a company other than Mozilla or Upwork), contractor, or seasonal staff, your manager must confirm your participation before you will be able to book travel. You will receive a separate email shortly if you have already been approved.
- Volunteers will be handled separate from this process.
- We work closely with Recruiting to ensure new hires are invited after their start date. No need to let us know about these.
- If you would like to invite someone who is a business partner, facilitator or some other category that isn't an employee or volunteer (not a personal guestfamily), email email@example.com.
- Change fees will be covered by Mozilla for business reasons only.
Arriving Early/Departing Late Guidelines
Our standard travel guidelines apply (pre-populated in Egencia) when booking with a few additional budget constraints. Anything booked outside of them will require approval. Most people will arrive on Monday, December 3 and leave on Saturday, December 8. Here are some exceptions:
- If you live in a country where work travel is prohibited on weekends, you may travel on Friday, November 30 and Monday, December 10, if you’d prefer (not required). For hotel, you will book and pay on your own, and expense the manager approved amount (which is coded to your cost center).
- If you live in a country where work travel is prohibited on Sunday, you may travel on Saturday, December 1 and Saturday, December 8, if you’d prefer (not required). You will get your Monday, December 3 and 10 off. For hotel, you will book and pay on your own, and expense the manager approved amount (which is coded to your cost center).
- If you plan to spend some extra personal time in Orlando or nearby (choosing to arrive before Monday, December 3 or depart after Saturday, December 8), you'll need to create an itinerary in Egencia for standard dates/locations within the Mozlando 2018 Portal and compare to the custom dates/locations you'd like. Please share the difference via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the approval comment box when you submit the flight. You can sway up to +$100 over and Mozilla will cover it. Otherwise you'll need to come with an alternate itinerary that fits within the pricing (like a round trip in and out of MCO w/ longer dates, and you personally book & cover the rest). We do not have the ability for employees to reimburse Mozilla for any overage. This scenario also applies for routing through different airports to/from Orlando than your home airport (ex. a layover in Chicago for a few days, or flying out of MIA instead of MCO). In all cases, flights in and out of Orlando should be booked via Egencia.
- If you are attending the Sunday/Monday CI event (by invite), you can arrive on Sunday, December 2.
- If you would like to arrive early to recover from jetlag, you will need manager approval for any additional costs associated with the extension. There is no unilateral "All Hands" approval based upon timezone to arrive early. For hotel, you will book and pay on your own, and expense the manager approved amount (which is coded to your cost center). This policy does not apply to volunteer contributors, any jetlag recovery costs must be self funded.
Booking Family Travel
Whether your family will accompany you on your flight or join us later; and you have two options: direct with the airline (recommended) or through Egencia.
First, figure out which flights you want to be on as an employee in Egencia. Hold them in Egencia. Find the flights you want for your family on the airline site and book them. Go back to Egencia and book your flights. Once you have both sets of confirmation numbers, call the airline and ask them to LINK your two reservations. This shows that you are traveling together and shouldn't be moved. When you call, you can also ask the airline agent to assign seats together. By booking your family direct on the airline, it gives them "priority" with the airline over people who book via a third party (expedia, booking.com, kayak, etc). These aren't guarantees, but they do help.
We do not recommend booking family through Egencia. If you'd like details about how to do it, please email email@example.com
- If your family is arriving on a different flights than you but would like to take advantage of the airport shuttles on Sunday/Monday and/or Saturday, please email their itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No matter how you book, give yourself a lot of time at MCO on departure. This airport can chaotic (almost everyone leaving is a family with young kids) so not being in a hurry helps stress-levels.
- We are unable to accommodate volunteer contributor families/guests.
Self-parking overnight is $23 plus tax per day. Valet parking overnight is $33 plus tax per day. Mozilla will not reimburse for valet parking.
Mozilla provides emergency medical accident and illness cover for all global MoCo & MoFo employees/interns and their dependents. You can view more information on Mana. This coverage begins at the time the you leave home to start your business trip. It also has a provision for a 14 day extension for leisure travel outside of the business travel. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Mozilla does not cover travel insurance for elancers, upworkers, contractors, vendors, or volunteers/community members.
Air Travel Fine Print
Change fees will be covered by Mozilla for business reasons only. If you need a change and have manager approval, email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to requesting the change with Egencia. Once you have approval, call Egencia to make the change at +1 (702) 939-2530 or +1-877-264-1622 (note this will not be possible without prior approval so be sure to get that by way of an email from your manager to Brianna Mark). If you are changing for personal reasons, the change in airfare, change fee and Egencia fee is your responsibility.
Mozilla will not reimburse for Business/First class upgrades or tickets. Mozilla Frequent Flyer perks do not apply for All Hands.
Any submitted expenses needs to have an itinerary attached to ensure it is employee expenses only and within policy.
All Mozillians and guests who have flights arriving between 15:00 and 22:00 on Sunday, December 2 and anytime 00:00 - 23:59 on Monday, December 3rd in Orlando International Airport (MCO) and out on Saturday, December 8th, will be transferred to/from the hotel. If you arrive into another airport; or on a different date - ground transportation is on your own. If your family is arriving on different flights than you but would like to take advantage of the shuttles on Monday & Saturday, email their itinerary to email@example.com.
Arrivals to Orlando Int’l Airport (MCO)
Everyone will be greeted in Baggage Claim (regardless if you check a bag). At the bottom of the escalator in the baggage claim level, look for a greeter holding up a Mozilla/Mozlando sign. Please identify yourself to the greeter and they will direct you to the shuttles. Transfer time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 20 minutes.
For Domestic Arrivals
Upon arrival, proceed to the baggage claim area of your respective airline. There are two separate baggage claims – A or B. Please listen for the announcements from your airline flight attendants or while you are on the shuttle from the gates to the main terminal, for your baggage claim. Once you exit past Security, look to the left and right to see the large A or B to find your respective baggage claim.
For International Arrivals
Upon arrival, you will proceed thru Customs. Some International flights allow you to take your luggage directly from Customs to the main terminal and some require you to put it on the luggage carousel and re-collect it in the main baggage claim. Regardless if you collect your luggage at Customs or not, you have to take the shuttle to the main terminal. Once there, please proceed down the escalator to the Baggage Claim, Level 2. (Do not go directly to Level 1.)
Departures from Dolphin Hotel to Orlando Int’l Airport (MCO)
Everyone departing on Saturday, December 8th, will receive shuttle transportation to MCO. You will be met by transportation staff in the hotel lobbies and assisted onto the shuttles. More details about departures will be sent via email.
Regardless of international or domeestic, plan to depart the hotel 3 hours prior to your flight time.
If you are bringing family and are all arriving on Monday, December 3rd and departing Saturday, December 8th, you may all use our company-arranged transportation provided you request it ahead of time (for your guests). You will do this during registration.
Arriving early and/or leaving late (w/ or w/out family)?
If you arrive other than December 2 (15:00 - 22:00) or December 3rd (00:00 - 23:59) or depart other than December 8th (00:00 - 23:59), with or without guests, you will have to cover and arrange your own ground transportation, to and from MCO, including rental cars and parking.
Recommended Airport Shuttle: Mears Transportation http://www.mearstransportation.com/global/orlando/ Loading is on Level One at the airport, clearly marked, and the shuttle makes 1-3 stops at hotels in the same proximity.
Additional help is here:
- Transportation Information (airport and parks) http://swananddolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html
- Transportation FAQ: http://swananddolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html
- Transportation booking (via Swan & Dolphin): https://swandolphinconcierge.com/
Exceptions are those attending the CI meeting on Monday. Transportation will be arranged for you.
The Monday Night reception is at the Swan & Dolphin hotel, accessible by elevators and escalators. Both offsite evening events are accessible, specific details to be shared soon.
We will have Listen Systems available for the Plenary on Tuesday. Visit the AV booth at the back of the room to pick one up.
Any questions on immigration should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are from a country that requires a B-1/B-2 business visitor visa to enter the US, please plan for it early as government processing times constantly change.
Please visit the following website to learn more about the visa application process and timing for your country: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html#overview. Current estimated processing times at the US Embassies and Consulates abroad can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html/
Some travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without first applying for a B-1/B-2 visa, if they are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP or "ESTA"). You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you:
- Intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit
- Have a valid passport lawfully issued to you by a Visa Waiver Program country: http://www.esta.us/visa_waiver_countries.html
- Have authorization to travel via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
- Arrive via a Visa Waiver Program signatory carrier (all commercial airlines meet this requirement)
- Have a return or onward ticket
- Travel may not terminate in contiguous territory or adjacent islands unless the traveler is a resident of one of those areas
Employee Travel FAQ
This FAQ addresses questions about how to handle security concerns and electronic devices at the border and how to engage with US Customs & Border Protection (CBP). While it specifically focuses on concerns related to travel to the United States, much of this guidance is applicable to travel elsewhere. Mana access required.
A pocket letter is recommended to keep on hand for those who are entering the United States. It should accompany you whether or not you are required to have a visa to enter. You may request a copy of that letter when you register. Please contact email@example.com if you require a specific letter for your visa application or if you have any questions regarding your citizenship, visa capabilities or travel related questions.
ESTA Point of Contact
In the ESTA application you need to give a "U.S. Point of Contact Information".
Please list Casey McGill as your US Point of Contact. Address: 331 East Evelyn Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94041 Phone: 918.812.0971
Mozlando 2018 All Hands Expense Policy
1. All "All Hands" Expenses must be submitted on 1 (and only 1) Expense report (e.g. Mozlando All Hands Expense Report). Each expense must be tagged with "Orlando 2018"
2. It must contain only those expenses relative to the All Hands Event in Orlando.
3. If your submitted expense report for All Hands is submitted outside these guidelines, it will be rejected and you will be asked to re-submit with only All Hands Expenses
4. The deadline to submit the Orlando All Hands Expense Report is December 31, 2018.
5. Expenses related to team events, parking, room service, mini-bar charges, and food/drink costs above the vouched amounts, will not be approved.
The intention of our all hands are to centrally organize a structure that includes:
- Meals (two/day + snacks)
- Some number of social events
Expenses submitted can not exceed the approved amounts. Any social events that are not part of our central plan will generally be self-organized and funded by participants.
Cell phone reimbursement policy
Cell phone reimbursement must be approved by your manager prior to submitting the expense. Teams will decide for their staff what is appropriate to expense.
Internet reimbursement policy
Internet will be provided in all guestrooms and meeting space in all hotels. If you opt to upgrade/add service, those costs are not reimbursable, unless previously approved by your manager and are for business reasons.
If you have questions about any of this, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Families/Guests in Orlando
Of course our focus, for the majority of the week, will be on Mozilla. Everyone is expected to be present and engaged each day, during work hours (as your schedule dictates). Please do what you can to make sure your loved ones understand the kind of commitment you’ve made.
Please note that what are able to do for families varies by each location.
Please note: we are unable to accommodate volunteer contributor families/guests.
Quick summary logistics
Employees do need to book via Egencia regardless of how families are booked. See Air Travel above for specifics and recommendations.
They are welcome to stay with you, however, any additional room expenses will be yours to cover. All room rates are based upon single occupancy and costs to add guests vary by hotel. Breakfast is not included in any of the guest room rates.
Family members who are registered for the event and registered with the hotel are invited to join us for breakfast each morning. Breakfast will be provided on Tuesday, December 4th - Saturday, December 8th.
Lunch & Dinner
Family will be on their own for lunch daily and dinner on Tuesday & Thursday.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday Night Events
Family members who are registered for the event and registered with the hotel, are invited to join us for our three evening events.
Family Friendly Activities
Evening Childcare Services
Camp Dolphin is available nightly from 5:00 pm - 12:00 am. Reservations are required for Camp Dolphin's evening program. The cost is $12 per hour, per child. A kids meal from Picabu can be included for an additional $10. Here is the FAQ.
Discounted Disney Park Passes
This site will EXPIRE for Advance Purchase Sales on December 2, 2018.
These "Meeting and Convention" tickets offer advance purchase savings of 10% on our Full-Multi-Day (2 days or longer) Tickets and include one (1) complimentary +1 FUN visit to an additional Disney Experience at any one (1) of the following (additional details are listed on the website):
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney’s Winter Summerland or Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Courses (before 4 p.m.)
- Greens Fees for one round of golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, our 9-hole walking course
The site also contains our partial-day tickets, which are discounted off of our full 1-Day tickets. "Meeting and Convention" Tickets purchased here will be valid from November 27 - December 14, 2018.
Please note, the ticket prices on the ticket store reflect any applicable discounts and include tax. These tickets are not available for purchase to the general public and are not sold at our theme park ticket windows. Since these Meeting & Convention partial-day and multi-day tickets are not available for purchase at our Theme Park Ticket Windows, you are only able to purchase them here: https://www.mydisneygroup.com/mozilla
Discounts do not apply for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom (each Sun, Tue, Thur, Fri in December).
All of the Meeting & Convention tickets include the ability to pre-select up to three FastPasses per theme park visit day. Details on how to create a My Disney Experience Account and pre-select FastPasses can be found here: https://www.mydisneygroup.com/mozilla under PLAN YOUR VISIT tab.
Costs for these activities are self-funded and can not be expensed. Feel free to add activities and invite others.