Angle Debugging Tips
Some tips for debugging ANGLE stuff.
Have an issue on XP but not on Vista+? ANGLE might be special-casing for d3d9ex. Run on a vista+ machine with just d3d9 (non-ex) with:
#define ANGLE_ENABLE_D3D9EX 0
Use the D3D debug runtime
- Pull up the Direct X Control Panel application. In the Direct3D 9 tab:
- Choose the Use Debug Version of Direct3D 9 radio button
- Increase Debug Output Level as desired (Just max it)
- Consider Maximum Validation checkbox
- In your makefiles, add:
DEFINES += -DD3D_DEBUG_INFO
- Rebuild, and attach with VS
Programs with gl_PointCoord fail to link with the D3D debug runtime
This could be ANGLE issue 80. When linking shaders which use gl_PointCoord, the debug runtime may emit this error:
The current pixel shader expects input semantic 'texcoord0' including component(s): 'xy', however the current vertex shader does not output 'texcoord0' at all.
This is considered wontfix if using the release runtime works as expected.