From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9654 (US/INTL)
 #         1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9654 (US)
 # IRC:    irc://


  • Attendees:
    • Alex, Andreea, Daniela, Rob, Mihaelav, Henrik, Clint, Mario, Joel
  • This meeting:
    • Chair: Daniela

Last Weeks Action Items

  • [DONE] Henrik to get back to Clint and ask about feedback re: moving mac mini machines
    • We can't buy new Mac mini machines given that we will no longer be able to install OS X < 10.8 on those. We are looking forward to move all minis to SCL3 (bug 827533)
  • [DONE] Henrik: Update meeting page template for blockers list
  • [NEW] Andrei: look into MozMill 2.0, see if we have any regressions


  • [%name%] %highlight%

Goals Overview



Project Updates

Gaia UI (Dave)

  • New blocker discovered in bug 830240 - Gaia UI tests failing to launch/kill apps
  • New blocker discovered in bug 827783 - Click events sent by marionette are discarded in gaia
  • Some apps are responding poorly to the new tap solution. See bug 829566 - marionette.tap() is triggering both click & tap events for the same element in dialer app
  • Set up two additional unagis in MV

WebAPI (Rob)

  • No updates

WebRTC (Henrik)

  • No updates due to B2G work week

Softvision Updates

  • Fixed:
    • bug 803088 - Get rid of controller.assertText() and controller.assertValue() in favor of expect.* and assert.* methods
    • bug 809434 - Get rid of controller.assertChecked() in favor of expect.* and assert.* methods
  • Blocked bugs:
    • bug 788531 - Revise default delay for endurance test to make scenarios more realistic - needs ESX cluster
    • bug 795398 - Mozmill test to check that MD5 hash signatures are no longer accepted - blocked by bug 804952 - Setup virtual host on for Mozmill MD5 hash signatures check
    • bug 763159 - Test failure ' == ' in testSecurity/testUnknownIssuer.js
  • Waiting for review
    • bug 818456 - Investigate and prepare existing Mozmill tests for per window private browsing - P1
  • Working on:
    • bug 818456 - Investigate and prepare existing Mozmill tests for per window private browsing - P1
      • waiting for review
    • bug 790538 - Enhance update tests to check for the 'what's new page' when `actions='silent'` given in update snippet
    • bug 781547 - Failure in "/testBookmarks_OpenAllInTabs/test1.js" with "Default bookmarks have been imported"
      • unable to reproduce locally - still trying to find a version where this reproduces at least once locally. This is needed in order to see how to fix the issue
    • bug 809431 - Get rid of controller.assertNode() and controller.assertNodeNotExist() calls in favor of assert.* methods
      • Checkin needed and if no errors appear after one day will add the backports
    • bug 763159 - Test failure ' == ' in testSecurity/testUnknownIssuer.js
      • Logged an infrastructure bug.
    • bug 600291 - Update test module testSearchAddons to reflect the new Add-ons API
      • Checkin needed
    • bug 823064 - Refactor testDownloadManagerClosed.js for the new PB per-window mode
    • bug 800708 - Test failure "All downloads have been finished" in /testPrivateBrowsing/testDownloadManagerClosed.js
    • bug 800872 - Test failure "Window number '1' has been opened" in endurance//testTabbedBrowsing_OpenNewWindow/test1.js
      • add observer to wait for the windows to be visible for the user before closing them


  • [henrik] Firefox OS (B2G)
    • Feedback from the work week in Berlin
    • We were facing too many new regressions based on fixes for basecamp blockers. Developers are not working on automated tests yet mainly based on time constraints. Probably we should put efforts in creating tests for regressions too (telephony, SMS...)
  • [henrik] Goals discussion for Q1/2013

Presentation / Demo

  • [%name%] %topic%


Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:

Meeting Notes

The meeting notes for this meeting can be read in the following etherpad:

Action items

  • [NEW] Henrik: Update goals on the wiki page
  • [NEW] Alex and Clint: Follow up on WebQA review process guidelines
  • [NEW] Clint: Followup with Releng about the idea to report directly to tbpl