- 1 Summary
- 2 Contact
- 3 Team
- 4 Meetings / Events
- 5 Goals
- 6 Projects
- 7 Contribution
To offer the best quality of a software product like Firefox, test automation is a crucial part to lower the amount of time until a feature can be finally shipped, or QA can ensure that no major regressions are included in the upcoming next release of Firefox. Therefore our team is working closely together with the Desktop Firefox team in selecting next major areas of work and analyzing the requirements for requested tests.
To fulfill all of the requests we are heavily depending on our community. Nearly everyone of us is acting as a mentor and is happy to teach interested people to strengthen their knowledge in automation. If you are interested please join us via any of the contact links as shown below.
The Firefox Automation team is a group of passionate and open minded people working on automation for Firefox. We are spread around the world, but we have one collective goal to empower automation even more in the Mozilla project. If you want to get in contact with one of us please check the table below for more information.
The Core Team
|Name||IRC nickname||Project Assignments|
|Henrik Skupin||:whimboo||Team Lead - Everything related to test automation for Firefox Desktop|
|Sandeep Murthy||N/A||likes Python, Marionette and automation tools|
Meetings / Events
We have a public team meeting each and every Monday. If you want to join the meetings, please check the meetings page for details.
- [NEW] [Henrik] Convert first sets of Mozmill tests to Marionette (tabbed browsing, awesomebar - bug 1119715)
- [NEW] [Henrik] Allow to run Marionette tests for Firefox under Mozmill CI (bug 1119725)
- [NEW] [Henrik] Create Pulse notifications for update channel activities (bug 735184)
- [ON TRACK] [SV] Create automated tests for important regressions (or features) as requested by QA
- [NEW] Finalize release process management for automatic triggers of update tests (issue 535)
- [NEW] Marionette tests for the new search (currently 10 tests from before the latest Firefox search changes)
If you have ideas and want to propose those as a goal for our team for the next quarters, please go to our goals collection etherpad and enter them all together with your name.
Some of our projects can be accomplished in a short time while others will take longer, even several months. The prioritized projects reflect the most important projects in the current quarter and include the appropriate tasks which have to be fulfilled during that time. Other active projects have lower priority.
|Mozmill CI||Python, Jenkins||Get full coverage of all locales for Firefox beta and release testing (Issue #270)|
|Automation||Python, Jenkins||Scripts and Tools to enhance the automation for Mozmill related testing|
|Automation Training||-||Provide automation training to larger community through 4 automation training events|
|Documentation||Wiki||Establish the team presence across websites (Wiki, MDN) and improve the documentation to increase collaboration with the test automation community|
|Infrastructure||Puppet||Building up and maintaining the infrastructure for automation tasks|
- You can get started with one of our first good bugs: http://www.joshmatthews.net/bugsahoy/?automation=1&unowned=1&simple=1
- When you have more experience pick one of those bugs: http://www.joshmatthews.net/bugsahoy/?automation=1&unowned=1
- You can get started with one of our first good bugs: http://mzl.la/1ikbQKQ
- When you have more experience pick one of those bugs: http://mzl.la/1rrV1Vu
- You can get started with one of our first good bugs: http://mzl.la/1rqYvG4
- When you have more experience pick one of those bugs: http://mzl.la/1ijPe32
- memchaser: https://github.com/mozilla/memchaser/issues?labels=mentored&state=open
- mozdownload: https://github.com/mozilla/mozdownload/issues?labels=mentored&state=open
- mozmill-automation: https://github.com/mozilla/mozmill-automation/issues?labels=mentored&state=open
- mozmill-ci: https://github.com/mozilla/mozmill-ci/issues?labels=mentored&state=open
- mozmill-dashboard: https://github.com/mozilla/mozmill-dashboard/issues?labels=mentored&state=open
- mozmill-environment: https://github.com/mozilla/mozmill-environment/issues?labels=mentored&state=open
- nightly tester tools: https://github.com/mozilla/nightlytt/issues?labels=mentored&state=open