Personal tools

B2G/Meeting/2012-09-11

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

News

  • Welcome to Milestone 5: Prompt, pretty and popular. Focus is on bug fixes, performance optimizations and visual completeness.
  • Meetings: Split Gaia into two parts? Converge Gaia and Platform now that closing major v1 work? Thoughts?
  • Daily Smoketests: The most important thing you should ever look at ever: http://bit.ly/Nbpp5C
  • ESTIMATION: Please finish estimating your blockers with format: [LOE:SIZE]. Please fill this in whiteboard field in Bugzilla, and the labels in Github, where SIZE is:
      • S - small. task is 1 week or less.
      • M - medium. task is up to 3 weeks.
      • L - large. task will take more than 3 weeks.
  • Dashboard updates:

Administrative

Ecosystem

https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/issues/4239

    • BLOCKED:

[MARKET] Not able to login to the market, login screen buttons are not working - https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/issues/4553

      • connect with marshall and jgriffin on testing update packages (preliminary user builds)
      • Geo unavailable on Thurs, is having oral surgery (ouch!) Partially available on Friday depending on recovery.
      • Perms project continues: Geo currently implementing content-based tests for 10 priority APIs while dchan investigates setting up apps as fixtures (start-states). ptheriault has been doing groundwork to identify success conditions for each API. Immediate goal is to get pilot tests solid to the point of being able to invite in the rest of security assurance to help.
      • WebAPI QA Smoketest sprint in progress. Targeting one test per WebAPI area as a standalone mochitest suite. Sprint finish targeted for Friday.
      • Mozilla QA working with A-Team to enable MozTrap->Jira export so TEF can maintain copy of testcases. Expect interim solution this week, probably work to clean it up immediately thereafter.
      • Apps - Focusing heavily on getting test cases in MozTrap, enhancing test plans against new UX for security/install, and getting ramped on 3rd party updates. Payments blockers have been removed, testing can begin on mozPay. Will start drafting testing for web activities. Will be meeting with Paul for apps security testing from an external perspective.
  • <product team> (Chris Lee)
    • This week:
    • Last week:
  • <PMO team> (Kevin Hu, Dietrich, Michael)
    • This week:
      • triage of all gaia noms
      • triage of existing gaia blockers
      • prioritization of high level features
      • alignment of tracking with telefonica
    • Last week:
  • <Release Management> (Alex Keybl, Lukas Blakk, Bhavana Bajaj)
    • This week:
      • Helped coordinate OTA updates and Stable builds with jgriffin last Friday (Nightly expected this week, Stable next week)
      • Gave desktop build presentation at MozCamp
      • Dogfooding work continues - sign-up form is almost ready to go out this week
      • Marketplace testing (appcache versus system app packaged with Gecko) conversations this week
      • Baseline requirements for "Stable" build will be coordinated with QA
      • Will follow up on:
    • Last week:
  • Developer Documentation (sheppy)
    • This week:
      • Have been asked by the partner relations folks to write docs about overall architecture, security, and performance, so that's what I'm working on.
    • As always:
    • Don't forget to add the dev-doc-needed keyword to any bugs that even might affect developer docs (whether device integration developers, Gecko developers, or web developers). You don't have to wait until the bug is fixed. We have tools to track this, and using it will get things done faster.
    • Feel free to ping me on IRC (sheppy) or by email (eshepherd@mozilla.com) with questions, requests, or suggestions.
  • On Github, use devDocNeeded label (current open issues: http://j.mp/NTBybM )
    • For example, make sure everything API-related you talk about in these meetings have the keyword.
  • <Release Engineering> (Joduinn)
    • Last week:
      • 1) progress on contractual details of how-to-do-updates
    • gonk vs gecko vs moz-gaia vs other-gaia updates (and who changes source)

2) IonMonkey landed on m-c without B2G impact

3) b2g builds on emulator-with-codecs; https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=789652

3a) explicitly dropping running builds on emulator-without-codecs

4) repo replicating from github->hg

5) switching over m-c on github https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G/issues/108

    • This week:

1) contractual details of how-to-do-updates (continued) 2) repo replicating from github->hg 3) switching over m-c on github https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G/issues/108

Status updates

Gaia

APIs/Platform Work

  • Carrier billing (Identity/Marketplace teams - Justin Scott, Ferjm)
    • This week:
      • bug 767818 (mozPay API landed)
      • Working on Bug 768943 on Gaia side, which blocks navigator.pay implementation and will provide "system dialogs" to Gaia.
      • Along with Bug 768943, I am updating the native implementation to support the new gaia system dialogs.
    • Last week:
      • BlueVia Payment Processor prototype done for Barcelona work week. *Real* implementation start is planned for the next week (need to confirm ETA with BlueVia team).
  • Bluetooth support (ericchou, qDot) - Updated on 9/12
    • Bug 788254 - [b2g-bluetooth] nsTArray should not be passed back as return value - landed
    • Bug 788300 - [b2g-bluetooth] BluetoothSCOManager and BluetoothHFPManager - WIP
    • Changing focus of comms to system messages since most things coming from bluetooth require system action
    • bent has e10s in review, should land this week
    • socket i/o about to be in review, should hopefully land before next B2G meeting
    • Next up: Server sockets, audio routing, filling in e10s holes
  • Automatic updates (Marshall, Fabrice, clee) - updated on 9/11
   meta bug for gecko updates: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=715816
   Update UX tracking bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=737598
   UX requirements have been updated. Need to file more bugs from this -- big thanks to jcarpenter
   https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/System/Updates#Gecko_Updates
   Security requirements
   https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Architecture/Runtime_Security#OS_Update
   Working on:
   FOTA (aka "full system update") proof of concept done w/ cjones @ work week -- matching platform work will be starting soon
   Back logged on telephony reviews -- apologies, if you're waiting on me feel free to ping me incessantly :)
   3 Initial prompt bugs are r+, will land tomorrowish w/ matching Gaia PR
   https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=740720
   https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787380
   https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787383
   Change update properties to use sane defaults for nightly updates -  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787398
   r+, will land w/ prompts
   Not started yet:
   B2G Updates: Enable MAR security (signing / verification) for B2G - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=783638
   Landed:
   Gaia / gonk-misc / B2G / platform_build changes necessary to get "user" (production) builds working and Gaia apps installed in /system/b2g (thanks to Fabrice for help)
   Remount /system as read-write for system updates, move update dir to /data/local - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=764683
   FramebufferNativeWindow doesn't implement ANativeWindow::cancelBuffer - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776742
   EventHub input blocks the process from exiting - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=777514
   B2G support for update staging - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=764684 (r+, will land alongside remount support)
   onStopListening was missing from REPL  socket listener - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=777939
   Orientation sensor deactivation happens twice, stops the process from cleanly exiting https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784079
   Updater executable is linked against libmozglue.so - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=781868
  • Push notification (Thinker) - updated on 9/12
    • rebase protocol part of push-notification for review (under review).
  • OOP (Out-Of-Process) (Dave Hylands) - updated on 9/11
    • Apps which are currently black-listed (i.e. do not work OOP):
      • Browser - needs nested content process (Bug 761935)
      • Cost Control (Bug 775997)
      • E-Mail - SSL/TLS support (Bug 770778)
      • Image Uploader (Bug 783878)
      • Messages - Crashes (Bug 775997)
      • Settings - Needs some more support for Bluetooth (Bug 755943)
      • Screen snapshot for OOP apps doesn't work (780920)
  • TCPSocket (Donovan Preston)
    • LANDED!!!
    • Backed out because of mochitest failures on android...
    • Strange that the tests did not fail last time we pushed to try.

Coming next: OOP 770778 and TLS

  • FM Radio (Pin Zhang, Steven) - updated on 9/12
    • Bug 749053 - FM radio support (Still under review)
      • Find the seek and set frequency problem of mwu's patch.
  • Security Model (jonas, bsmith, lucas, dougt) - updated on 8/21
    • exposing app type (bug 781620)
    • patch uploaded for default permissions during installation time (bug 758269)
    • adding type of application to manifest (bug 768868)
    • cleaning up permission names and syntax (bugs 772358, 778326)
    • permission UI events (bug 773114)
    • moving all APIs to permission manager (bug 774716)

See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.b2g/jakY3dMGqxk/nNvgxLlwSIcJ

  • Predictive Text (Christoph)
    • This week:
      • optimizing JS version, performance & quality.
    • currently optimized for 3 predictions, can UI people have a look at this?
    • @UI: how are we going to present suggestions / where do we place suggestions?
  • Camera (Mike Habicher)

PLEASE take lots of pictures and let me know if you run into any problems!

    • This Week:
      • bug 779138 and 779145: shutter sound support -- rebased, builds, needs testing
      • bug 776062: video recording -- rebased to changes from 779139 patch
        • preview freezes when recording starts and no video is recorded -- investigating, suspect it may have something to do with direct preview rendering.
        • will split up unified patch so that review can proceed in parallel with investigation
      • General:
        • visited UWaterloo to talk to potential co-op students about B2G and working at Mozilla
    • Last Week:
      • bug 779139: cycle-collection participant, landed
      • bug 779138: picking this up this week
        • in conjunction with bug 779145
      • bug 776062: video recording
        • need to rebase this patch on other changes, as soon as they land
    • In The Queue:
      • bug 776934: need to add camera access permissions check
      • bug 786756: improve saturation of captured images
      • bug 789067: clean up extraneous abstract ICameraControl class
      • discussions on how to integrate camera control with getUserMedia(), and what can be accomplished in the time available
  • Browser API (jlebar, dale)
    • This week:
      • Fixed race condition in browser initialization, which was causing orange that prevented a lot of other things from landing (bug 772076)
      • X-Frame-Options re-enabled (bug 770239)
      • A window.close issue fixed (bug 764718)
    • Upcoming fixes (waiting for reviews):
      • target=_blank fix (bug 769254)
      • in-process correctness fix (bug 771273)
      • correct visibilitychange notifications (bug 762939)
    • Waiting for PM re-triage of clear-private-data / restrict cookies.

[clee]: feel free to ping me if you are blocked here

    • Last week: no update
  • Overscroll/Scroll animations
    • This week:
      • Glue code is all in place, but there's a rendering bug on the effect (bug 783919)
    • Last week:
  • Cell broadcast (Vicamo) - Updated on 9/12
    • Bug 787420 - B2G RIL - add setting for switching between 2G/3G:
      • Emulator doesn't support set/get preferred network, we don't even know the underlying AT command name. Probably AT+CTEC from Google.

Roundtable

    • No APIs to get OS version, firmware version, and hardware version. These APIs are needed for settings app. Shelly Lin at Taipei office will take care of this part. (Bugzilla 790158)
    • No APIs to get used space and available space for device storage. These APIs are also needed for settings app. (Bugzilla 788122)
      • Out of v1.