B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-03-29
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific
- See build instructions for transition branches on the wiki https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Transition_Project#Building_the_Transition_Branches Please try to build and help us find out what is broken.
yesterday I got the keyboard running in Bug 1257935. That leads to some questions about the use of MOZ_CHILD_PERMISSIONS and the security setup in desktop e10s. I reached out to the e10s team on that, waiting on their answer to decide how we proceed.
I fixed the problem of hardcoded paths for apps (bug 1259094). Pine before the last mc merge was good. I have pending patches for recent regressions from mc on mulet (bug 1260402).
I am also hacking around mc boot regression (bug 1260441).
- I successfully built the transition branches for aries, added build instructions to the wiki https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Transition_Project#Building_the_Transition_Branches
- Now looking at replacing DataStore for the Places database and IAC for search app
- Also filed meta bugs for DataStore, IAC, System Messages and Web Activities (see above)
Current build/test issues:
- Bug 1255765 - client.contentScript.inject does not work properly in treeherder gaia runs
- Working locally, still failing on CI, so investigation continues
- Bug 1259239 - [fxos-sunset] Test-agent probably doesn't launch as expected =(
- Getting closer to a fix here. Tests are running properly now, some still need some updates due to removal of app:// protocol
Fixed this week:
- Bug 1259238 - [fxos-sunset] Firefox not launching as expected on Pine for Gij tests.
- Bug 1254604 - Followup for bug 1239808
- The MarionetteJS project is left without an active owner. If you are interested in keeping this code alive, please give a shout to :auswerk
- Working on getting utility tray working again (problem was use of System Message handlers causing modules to crash in system app). Added polyfill to replace this.
- Trying to get the keyboard working properly - currently overlaying the whole window (not getting resize event)
- Kan-Ru is working on nested content processes for B2G to see what is broken. Currently disabled but should be working by June.
- Created a new topic of discourse for the transition work to encourage more community conversations