B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-04-19
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific
Latest transition branch progress:
- Lock screen working as chrome
- Utility tray now works on both debug and non-debug builds
- Can configure WiFi and set the date and time in Settings
- Removed the dependency on apps status in the audiochannel code
- Started work on a new Places database without DataStore
Upcoming community meetings:
- B2G OS Transition Monthly Meeting - Monday 25th April, 10:30 Pacific
- Code Working Group - Tuesday 26th April, 10:00 Pacific
- Infrastructure Working Group - Thursday 28th April, 10:00 Pacific
- Governance Working Group - Friday 29th April, 10:00 Pacific
- (Check Discourse for more information https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/firefox-os-participation)
Keeping in touch
- ML: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-fxos
- Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/firefox-os-participation
- Telegram group: https://telegram.me/B2GOS
- #fxos on irc.mozilla.org
- Started work on Places database using IndexedDB without DataStore (bug 1257824)
Currently the scope of testing is making sure that the builds can be built and the builds can boot. Other things are extra. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13JUnmRHzXq55uoVh-A1yJVPefEkmHVVS9tRRUgwU6Fw/edit?pli=1#gid=1280616768
- bug 1264060 needs checkin. There's no builds for MC otherwise. => with MozReview we would not need to ask for push :)
- bug 1265062 kanikani/pine debug doesn't boot.
- Bug 1263308 - master gaia debug crashes too much to be useful.
(Otherwise working on Vaani, but switching over to webVR until Vaani needs QA support)
TRIBES meeting wednesday and thursday, might not have testing done for those days.
- Same as last time, was working on other things, will be attending this meeting etc to see if there is anything for me to jump on (will try building again this week)
Unlucky about the loadInfo/loadContext bugs so far: bug 1262180, bug 1264655, bug 1265062 ; a workarond is to comment those for debug builds. I have been successfully browsing the web over LTE. Checked with alberto to get radio working: needs removal of certifiedapps to expose the APIs, needs a fix on gaia for APNs (path to apn.json is wrong) Successfully built a pine/kanikani with some pending patches (white layer, etc.) and used to browse the web (wifi and lte)
- Produced an updated blobfree :)
- Fixed the lockscreen issue that was avoiding to build without DEVICE_DEBUG=1
- Fixed the settings app paths
- Working with Alex on getting radio running
- DEBUG Gaia profiles don't work as expected, used to be served from HTTPD locally using the Gaia domain (required to run unit tests) - could take a few days to a week or two to fix. (Also working on WebVR).
- No longer building Nexus 5 Lollipop build (nobody got angry yet)
- Documentation Working Group got started, Chris Mills is helping, restructuring and page deprecating on going
- http://www.mexmod.com/ owner willing to host builds
- Increase on the traffic on telegram, more (successful) tentatives to build and flash from the community
- Removed System Message support from Gecko (replaced with chrome events?)
- Removed Web Activity support from Gecko (sms: and mailto: support was built on top of this so need an alternative solution for that)
- Build infrastructure - we need a solution that can work once the transition project has finished. Need to find out how much it currently costs and come up with a proposal, let's be clear about Mozilla's commitment going forward. Will discuss further in the upcoming infrastructure working group meeting.
- Unit tests - how can we run unit tests without Gaia DEBUG builds? Should we declare unit test bankruptcy and start again with chrome mochitests like Firefox?