B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-05-03
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific
- Fennec has moved to a C++11 standard library and Mac will be doing so shortly. We're going to need to replace STL with another library in B2G in order for things not to break. See bug 1229391.
- Mozilla can continue to provide B2G infrastructure but not necessarily the staff to keep it running. May want a separate instance of certain tools.
- More meetings this week, see the public fxos calendar
- working on getting builds working
- Working on getting rid of apps support
- B2G blockers : bug 1268432 MC/MI doesnt' compile - landed yesterday; checking is blocked by : bug 1269422
- daily testing : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13JUnmRHzXq55uoVh-A1yJVPefEkmHVVS9tRRUgwU6Fw/edit?pli=1#gid=184385983
- No progress, working on other work. In another meeting also
- Making the search app fully functional again (patch under review)
- Talking to Chris Lord about remaining pieces for making the homescreen work again
- Checking GIJ tests locally
- Checked in two bugs, homescreen now starts correctly (but shows nothing, of course)
- Homescreen ready for pinned sites, but blocking on ability to respond to places DB changes. Showing pinned sites that exist on startup though.
- auswerk & gerard-majax working on app:// to chrome:// transition to get the Gaia integration tests green (Gij suite), making good progress
- we will not attempt to port the unit tests (Gu test suite) as part of the code transition, they will need to be reimplemented and unfortunately the Mozilla team will not have time to complete it
- We will migrate to mochitest chrome tests
- Mentoring volunteers: https://mypads.framapad.org/p/mentoring-session-1z2r572b
- Will schedule time for a London Meet Up
- Nothing on the volunteer side, see line 10 for update \o/
- Going on, slowed by lack of administrators rights on MDN
- Too few people involved for now to need a more structured way to deal with governance than the (legacy) module ownership system.
- We'll reconsider the question of a governance structure in 3 weeks.
- In the meantime, governance related questions are welcome to be asked at the B2G weekly meeting B2G/Meeting, and modules will be created for the non-technical working groups.
- Communication channels list here https://mypads.framapad.org/p/communication-channels-a7oby73o
- Call for contribution to be finalized and send today: https://mypads.framapad.org/p/call-for-contribution-yhh6n7wp
- [doliver] Have some spare Flames available
- [valentin] Has some other devices too (Open C and Z3c)