B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-06-21
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific
- Adopt an app https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/call-for-app-maintainers-adopt-an-app/9300/1
- Had a meeting last week in London. Notes here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtDrXGbG4AryYPb3CYM3g3QtK8DMnDvYa3whxSbpnD0/edit#heading=h.fek2mp3xge6o
Merge not done yet - hopefully this week Help is needed to port the previous default app to webapps
- See https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/web-or-dead/8782 and https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/call-for-app-maintainers-adopt-an-app/9300/
- work can start without having a B2G device, just by fixing the first steps on Firefox.
For the app conversion is there any documentation to provide guidance and/or mentoring for the new comers which don't know the B2G/Gaia structure ?
- MDN https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS
- Presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YuQaLr-hiduT5xyT4TaiaUDYOsZAnmadduevAE6MOKo/edit?usp=sharing
- Ask in IRC #fxos
I don't have device yet, what the best tool to test and validate app for conversion FireFox OS (2.6) Simulator, B2G Desktop, Firefox Nightly, B2G Simulator , B2G emulator , Mulet, FireFox Desktop ( Today 47.0) ? Mulet
Getting stuck building Flame, issues related to C++11?
- Thomas has built for flame from m-c
- Suggest waiting until after the merge
Owning a device is it mandatory to help here or can we help in some other ways ?
- yes, you can port b2gos to your phone.
- especially if there is a Cyanogen mod support
- You can also do front end development using Mulet (see above)
No news of the fairphone 2 build we have a candidate to port for nexus in the future
someone said 2 weeks again he/she can help for infrastructure task - any news ?
- That was Mauricio Navarro Miranda (@mautematico on Telegram) on 9th June on Telegram
- She offered to build b2g 1-2x a day on a Debian cluster without direct Internet access. Her PC can be used as proxy.
work on irc <-> telegram ongoing https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2GOS-community/issues/7
Italian MDN translation is still blocked by bug bug 1279908 task to follow the translation progress: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2GOS-community/issues/23 German done Outdated translation page can't be removed: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2GOS-community/issues/22 Need to ask to rename the page to /B2G OS and not /Firefox OS
- will be done in a while, as it might be a manual change - it's better for him to do everything in one time
Call for contribution
- Now translated in Korean
- Persian ongoing
- Spanish version need review: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2GOS-community/issues/21
- Can now receive incoming calls when the dialer isn't open
- Work ongoing on 2.6, talking with Panasonic about next steps
- Have tablet chrome booting on a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet
- Got hardware buttons working
- Got keyboard working
- Prototyping system web services using Node
- Working on about:settings to configure WiFi
- Working on a questionnaire to send out and designing user study
- Read more about architecture Connected_Devices/Projects/Project_Tablet#Architecture
- Build for a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet Connected_Devices/Projects/Project_Tablet#Building_for_Device
A short guide to configure for building with the transition branch / mozilla-central https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/how-to-build-pine-and-m-c-please-read/9343 Is there any way to include apps at building step ? This one for instance is still perfectly working: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/tree/master/hosted_apps/calculator
- We could include it by default
- It should be possible to have preinstalled hosted web apps, should ask albertopq on IRC
- May want to find a home to host calculator outside GitHub
https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/suggestion-fo-reflexion/9302 I would suggest to use this to talk a bit about our vision for the next months
- Like for instance how we could work on an alpha version, with some base system apps working (like dialer, contacts, sms, clock...)
- This might help us to focus/organize our efforts.
- Contacts? Can we get it working with IndexedDB rather than Contacts API?
- clock > no alarm API
Any other time/day is possible for the meeting as at this timing i can't attend it That's something I forgot, we talked about it in a previous meeting. I ask on discourse, to know if there is a lot of people struggling with the meeting time
Suggest doing a poll on Doodle if there are a lot of people who can't make this slot http://doodle.com/ +1 How do we get a wiki account ? request one several days ago but didn't get any news Valentin know who is responsible of the validation He's in holiday now, so we need to wait until he comes back
- In the mid-time, just ask people having an account to add content (ping me (Lapineige) for instance ;) )
- ok thanks no rush anyway
- what do you need to add ?