B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-08-16
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific / 4pm UTC
kskarthik working on porting for Redmi 1S (dual sim phone ;) ) https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/wip-xiaomi-redmi-1s-hongmi-1s/10273
- start with AOSP base
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS now translated in Italian, French, and updated in Korean.
- linked task on github: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2GOS-community/issues/23
A task to follow italian translation work: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2GOS-community/issues/30 For every translator: please subscribe to the main English page, to be noticed about the changes (> and update the translation)
Council meeting ?
- Ben will follow up with people inside Mozilla, then we should aim to schedule a meeting around the end of August
- B2GOS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/B2GOS?src=hash ) is quite active to communicate about our goal
some talk about port on fairphone 2 -> definitely a good flagship :) post from official B2G account link to this video (13min): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrcAPan028Y&feature=youtu.be (TEDx talk from a former Mozilla employee, talking about the issue of native apps)
- A good one to explain our goal
(Italian) article and video to present B2G and how to use B2G installer: https://geekonerd.blogspot.nl/2016/07/e-la-tua-ultima-occasione-se-rinunci-non-ne-avrai-altre.html
- Translations (to English,...) are welcome :)
- Major blocker on mozilla-central, all web permissions except full screen are broken. No permission prompt for e.g. geolocation and camera access. bug 1291466
- Currently debug builds are broken (because creates a HTTP server and system UI is now chrome), thread on Discourse about test agent B2G/Meeting
- Trying to get Marionette back up and running
- Will need a new unit testing system
- Need to try to keep code test friendly in the meantime
Cyanogenmod base https://github.com/cm-b2g is broken, locales.xml no more needed & sync issues need to be fixed. Starting with the master branch
- Need to update to CM 13 ? No, whole manifest needs a fix, sync fails.
- Ask Alexandre Lissy what needs doing
Luca Working on documentation Trying to B2G OS compile for ZTE Open C Curious about localisation pipeline, does it still work?
- Relied on Gaia build system which has seen a lot of changes
- l10n should still work
krz37 Getting a better computer so hopefully building will be easier Then would like to help on apps Could we switch to a WebRTC based solution for meetings?
- proposal: Jitsi Meet (www.meet.jit.si)
Open C - some contributors added an option to build directly for Open C without hacking a manifest