Balkans:2010/Skopje Public Event
This is the first ever Mozilla event in Macedonia where both Mozilla staff and community members will be presenting the Mozilla Project, one of the most successful open source projects in the world. The event is aims to inform the public about the Mozilla project, on open source and on ways people can contribute and participate in the project.
Join us for a whole day of talks, lectures and workshops about different topics from getting to know the local Mozilla communities, to different tools for localization of open source software and addon development for Firefox. There is a bit for everyone :)
Entrance is OPEN TO EVERYONE and registration is FREE.
To register, please click on this link: http://bit.ly/9QLzEO
Time and Date
The Mozilla Open Conference will take place on Saturday May 22nd, 2010, from 10:00 - 18:00.
Faculty of Electrotechnics and Informational Technology St. "Rugher Boshkovikj" 1000, Skopje Main building, in the amphitheater.
The Mozilla Open Conference is open to the public and registration is FREE.
Please click on the following link if you would like to attend the event: http://bit.ly/9QLzEO
- Pascal Chevrel: Lead for Web Localization, Mozilla Corporation (France)
- Seth Bindernagel: Director of Localization, Mozilla Corporation (USA)
- David Tenser: Head of User Support, Mozilla Corporation (Sweden)
- Zbigniew Braniecki: Community Ninja, Mozilla Corporation (Poland)
- Abdul Kadir Topal: Support Community Manager, Mozilla Corporation (Germany)
- William Quiviger: European Community Manager, Mozilla Corporation (France)
- Alina Mierlus: Lead contributor, Mozilla.ro (Romania)
- Kerim Kalamujic: Lead contributor, Mozilla.ba (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
- Brian King: Mozilla Developer, Briks Software (Slovenia)
- Gorjan Jovanovski: Lead contributor, Mozilla.mk (Macedonia)
Tentative schedule - subject to modifications
The event will be comprised of short presentations, workshops, discussions.
|Time Slot||Meeting Room|
|09:00 - 10:00||Welcome coffee - registrations|
|10:00 - 10:45||The Mozilla Project: an introduction (Pascal Chevrel)|
|10:45 - 11:45||Firefox: Be Like the Web (Brian King, Zbigniew Braniecki and Pascal Chevrel)|
|11:45 - 12:45||Meet the Balkan Mozilla Communities: short presentations by each community|
|12:45 - 13:30||LUNCH|
|13:30 - 14:15||Mozilla Labs: imagining the future of the web (Zbigniew Braniecki)|
|14:15 - 15:00||SUMO: community-driven support for Firefox users (David Tenser/Kadir Topal)|
|15:00 - 15:30||The Add-ons Universe: customising your web experience (Brian King)|
|15:30 - 16:00||L10n: translating Mozilla products in any language in the world (Seth Bindernagel)|
|16:00 - 16:15||COFFEE BREAK|
|16:15 - 16:45||Mozilla Drumbeat: raising awareness about the Open Web (Alina Mierlus/Kerim Kalamujic)|
|16:45 - 18:15||Get involved in the Mozilla Project: Drumbeat workshop led by Mozilla staff and community|
Food and Drinks
Free food and drinks will be served to all registered participants during lunch. Free coffee and snacks will be served in the morning and during coffee breaks.
Mozilla merchandise will be distributed to registered participants during and after the event, including buttons, stickers, tshirts and posters.