Bangladesh/Mozilla Bengali bn-BD Community Meet-up 2019
An invitation-only event hosted by Mozilla l10n Community in Bangladesh with active and core contributors to Mozilla l10n for bn-BD Community. This event will mainly focus on improving the quality of our localised products. Getting more contributors to the localisation community and training them.
L10n community events in 2018
Since localization is a unique contribution area requiring the development of certain skills to be successful, regular community meetups help communities to establish best practices among themselves on how to translate content across their Mozilla localizations. These meetups increase localization consistency for users, build relevant skills in volunteers for their future success, and provide training for veteran and new localizers on changes to the localization process.
7 March, Thursday
The Journey to Cox's Bazar will start from Razarbag Bus Depot.
- Place: Green Line Bus Depot.
- Date: 7th March, Thursday.
- Reporting time: 10:00 PM.
8 March, Friday
- 07:00 - 07:30 -----> Hotel Check in
- 07:30 - 08:30 -----> Breakfast
- 09:00 - 09:15 -----> Registration
- 09:15 - 09.30 -----> Participation Introductions & Aim of this community meet-up.
- 09:30 - 10:00 -----> Introduction to Mozilla L10n and Localised Product testing.
- 10:00 - 10:30 -----> Understand the work flow
- 10:30 - 11:00 -----> Understand the Individual's Role - Eg. Manger, Translator, Reviewer & Product Tester
11:00 - 11:15 TEA/COFFEE BREAK
- 11:15 - 11:30 -----> Session on relevant skills & best practices for Mozilla l10n
- 11:30 - 12:00 -----> Introduction to Mozilla localization style guide
- 12:00 - 13:00 -----> Hands on training for new contributors in Pontoon
- 13:00 - 13:30 -----> Introduction of Transvision for new contributors
13:30 - 14:15 PRAYER AND LUNCH BREAK
- 14:15 - 15:00 -----> Firefox for iOS Quality Check & Terminology Consistency + Completing and reviewing pending Translation
- 15:00 - 16:00 -----> Individual Team Breakout - Focus for Android iOS Quality Check & Terminology Consistency (Everyone) + Completing and reviewing pending Translation
16:00 - 16:15 TEA/COFFEE BREAK
- 16:15 - 17:00 -----> Individual Team Breakout - Firefox for Android Quality Check & Terminology Consistency (Everyone) + Completing and reviewing pending Translation
- 17:00 - 17:45 -----> Creating agenda for participants' post meetup contribution commitment + Review team's l10n Wiki and Update it!
- 17:45 - 18:00 -----> Session on communication between old, new contributor and mozilla l10n team.
- 18:00 - 18:30 -----> Wrap up! New participants has to speak what they have learnt during the day.
19:30 - 22:30 DINNER TBD
9 March, Saturday
- 09:00 - 09:15 -----> Last day Recap
- 09:15 - 12:00 -----> Individual Team Breakout - Firefox Check & Terminology Consistency (Everyone) + Completing and reviewing pending Translation
- 12:00 - 13:00 -----> Hands on training on Bugzilla and l10n Bug Filing
- 13:00 - 13:30 -----> Hands on training on Testing of Licalised Mozilla products
13:30 - 14:15 LUNCH BREAK
- 14:15 - 15:00 -----> Individual Team Breakout - Mozilla Website Translation (Everyone) + Completing and reviewing pending Translation
- 15:00 - 15:45 -----> Individual Team Breakout - Going forward: Future Community Plans
- 15:45 - 16:15 -----> General QA Topic which is not in Conference Schedule.
16:15 - 16:30 TEA/COFFEE BREAK & GROUP PHOTO
- 16:30 - 17:00 -----> Language Promotion events in Bangladesh and India (For increasing Download). (Everyone) + 15 min Team Update
- 17:00 - 17:30 -----> Wrap up: Show and Tell/Feedback from Members
19:30 - 22:30 DINNER TBD
Mozilla Bengali bn-BD and bn-IN Community Meet-up 2018 will be organised at:
Transportation "to and form" between Dhaka and Cox'sbazar will arranged by Mozilla.
Check-In Thursday, 8 March 2019 Check-Out Sunday, 10 March 2019 (before 10:00 AM)
- All guests are advised to carry a valid Photo ID proof.
- Rooms are booked for everyone on sharing basis (Two people in one room).
- Note: If you would like to arrive earlier or stay extra days, you have to make your own booking arrangements.
From Home to Airport
Mozilla will reimburse for your travel from home to airport or Railway Station in your own cities. Please try to opt for the minimum cost vehicle.
From Airport/Station to Hotel
Mozilla will reimburse for your travel from Airport/Station to Hotel and back. Please try to opt for the minimum cost vehicle. Minimum 3 people in same vehicle.
About Event city
- Most spoken languages are: Bengali and/or English.
- Most shopkeepers/ drivers understand Bengali and basic English.
If you need more information or for anything urgent, please don't hesitate to reach the local contacts which will be communicated by email.