A proposal for a Mozilla basecamp
- Where a team of contributors can come together to work on project sprints in a basecamp like environment
An open atrium Drupal basecamp for all mozilla sites (spreadfirefox , ..) would provide at least two clear benefits ..
- A more structured environment for contributors coming together to work on project sprints
- Focusing the conversation to reduce dissapation of information within individual emails & IRC posts
An open atrium basecamp could become a valueable resource of information which would ordinarily have been dissapated within individual emails & IRC posts and potentially could improve productivity for everyone at Mozilla.
More broadly speakly were proposing that for project sprints (on Spreadfirefox, ..) we use Openatrium + IRC instead of Mailing lists / Google groups + IRC and with a little less IRC and that mailing lists are better used for meta projects or overarching projects like Marketing , Drumbeat , ..
Please provide feedback below ..
If we get the green light to move forward with implementing a Mozilla basecamp our recommendation would be to pilot the scheme with the Spreadfirefox project sprint to rebuild the site on Drupal 7
- Paul Booker (open atrium Drupal Developer | Wiki page maintainer | Site manager ) (Sponsored by Ian Hayward @ Appcoast)
- Jamey Boje (Site manager, Creative Director)
- Ian Hayward (Entrepreneur & Mozilla sponsor)
- Would need to set up an account for BMO on Bugzilla.Mozilla )
- To be discussed but not in a meeting as that has not been discussed yet
More about open atrium