The Mozilla Foundation board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of Mozilla and provides direct strategic oversight of programs operated directly by Mozilla Foundation staff.
The board participates in the yearly development of Mozilla Foundation goals and approves an annual budget based on these goals. They are also responsible for selecting, supporting and evaluating the Executive Director of Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary, the Mozilla Corporation.
The Mozilla Foundation board is currently recruiting new members. For more information please review the job description.
- Mitchell Baker, Chair of Mozilla Foundation and Mozilla Corporation
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director at Hyperledger and Apache founder
- Ronaldo Lemos, Project Lead for Creative Commons Brazil
- Helen Turvey, Executive Director of the Shuttleworth Foundation
- Mohamed Nanabhay, Deputy CEO of the Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF)
- Nicole Wong, Attorney specializing in Internet, media and intellectual property law
Former Board Members
- Bob Lisbonne, Lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business, former CEO of Luminate and former Netscape VP
- Cathy Davidson, Professor of English at Duke University
- Joi Ito, MIT Media Lab Director and Creative Commons Chair
- Mitch Kapor, Co-Founder and Former Chair, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Mark Surman, President and Executive Director
- Angela Plohman, Secretary and VP, Operations.