The Mozilla Foundation board responsible for the overall corporate governance of Mozilla and provides direct strategic oversight of programs operated directly by Mozilla Foundation staff.
The board participates in the yearly development of Mozilla Foundation goals and approves an annual budget based on these goals. They are also responsible for selecting, supporting and evaluating the Executive Director of Mozilla Foundation and the for its subsidiary, the Mozilla Corporation.
- Mitchell Baker, Chair of Mozilla Foundation and Mozilla Corporation
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director at Hyperledger and Apache founder
- Bob Lisbonne, Lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business, former CEO of Luminate and former Netscape VP
- Cathy Davidson, Professor of English at Duke University
- Ronaldo Lemos, Project Lead for Creative Commons Brazil
- Helen Turvey, Executive Director of the Shuttleworth Foundation
- Mohamed Nanabhay, Deputy CEO of the Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF)
- Nicole Wong, Attorney specializing in Internet, media and intellectual property law
Emeritus Board Members
- Joi Ito, MIT Media Lab Director and Creative Commons Chair
- Mitch Kapor, Co-Founder and Former Chair, Electronic Frontier Foundation