< Breakpad | Status Meetings
Key topic - what it takes to make fx3 beta5 and final more stable.
Meeting details: * 2:00p PDT, 5:00p EDT * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 conf# 249 (US/Intl) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf# 249 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #breakpad for backchannel
- pushes from last week
- processor summary
- refactored -- better job management, queue status
- changed mutual exclusion method
- ability to flag for priority processing
- still have a 5 minute delay between submission and queue entry, currently working on it
- reporter summary
- added ability to priority-flag a submitted report
- working on implementation of aggregate and summary tables for end April
- processor summary
- tentative schedule
- 0.5 by end April
- 0.6 by mid May
Action items from last week
- Ted to look at feasability of keeping minidumps for topcrashes
- Ted to investigate aggregate URL reports
- top N sites - bug 411358
- alexa top100 sites - talk to jay about this - bug 428287
- sites in >N reports
- chofmann to get kkovash to look at MTBF calculations, regression analysis
- chofmann filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=412605#c6 to break out the idea of creating an analysis report to spot problematic .dll's in the process list
- ss to add Firefox 3.0b5 to query form as soon as we start getting beta5 builds.
- ss or chofmann - get blocklisting requests on file for the rest of crashing extensions and plugins in b4
Progress on Top Crash Analysis -- Beta 4.
- Sam's wiki page for summarizing status of the analysis work on each release is also working fairly well - See: http://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Topcrashes
- This can serve as a work around until we get solutions for bugs 448156, 411357
- Many of the top crashes for Beta 4 have to do with Extension/Plugin compatibility, and corruption with installation setup. need to make sure blocklisting requests are tracking where we need them
Crash Analysis Needs
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426653 add uptime to stack signature report. this should be quick and dirty...
- most of the rest of these involve setting up a controlled access server to protect sensitive data like e-mail address and browsing history, or contents of memory when crashes occurred. (That is Bug 411419 – Add way to hide confidential crash reports)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=415027 -Display URL field in reports
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411421 – display email field in reports
- semi-efficient way for getting mini-dumps to dbaron and others - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411431
- we could also ramp up better URL analysis to find common actions and sites that are resulting in a variety of stack signatures with this collection of fixes. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=423502 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=415027
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411358 -- if we do something based on only sites that are listed the alexa top 100/500 (ala http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/reports/firefox/FF20013/url-analysis-all.html ) then that might be a report that we could publish publicly .
Release Comparison Analysis
- For overall release metrics that can help us compare releases we need to get some total crash numbers and MTBF calcs and reporting in place. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411424
- Talked to Ken this week to provide some background and get him involved in creating some MTBF numbers and help in validating these "release metrics"
- Morgamic is also thinking about the best way to do these non-dyamic query reports that give us a sapshot of overall release metrics every day or hour.
- We need some metrics that give some insight into how things are scaling as the load starts to ramp. We should also discuss morgamic's idea for throttling based on update channel, or any other throttling mechanism we want to try and implement.
- Throttling bug is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=424960
Quick Review of other Feature and Bug List and Priorities
[ https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=socorro | Current Buglist ]