Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- protoyping elasticsearch migration
- method of snapshotting from 1.x to 2.x to 5.x sort of works, but some indices can't be upgraded in their current state
- we probably need to reindex and thus need a mapping file that works across versions
- maybe we'll spin up an elasticsearch 5.x cluster at miles' house and reindex from remote into that and then snapshot that to AWS ES thingy
- miles has been working on that plan; maybe done by the end of the week
- socorro -prod deploy later today
- antenna -prod deploy later today
- we asked how long until we lose all access to socorro things which makes development hard/impossible
- Will will write up a bug covering the issue
- we'll figure it out in san francisco
- canceled the tecken rapid risk assessment since an old one exists. we can update it when new functionality is ready to release.
- tecken timeline
- has two components going to prod probably in june.
- the third component will probably go in july--that'll need an RRA update and a security review.
- brief conversation about tecken loadtesting.
- waiting on a -stage environment to test on.
- will probably use molotov.
- Peter will write a load test scenario for tecken.
- writing down goals in a document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vfxx3R3MO9D9x2hTHnXTzmEU-OyVLdc3HDqH6OExo9E/edit#heading=h.e2fhzzpdhc1o
- keeping track of tables status in another doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oke1PN2jkLlKPMmDY64xPTnHDMbQU-DM7rSIhOGN7Xg/edit#gid=0
- used SchemaCrawler to generate a graph of the database's schema
- that's somewhat useful
- but since we are missing a lot of foreign keys, especially on ``reports_clean``, not so much
- also a lot of "relations" are inside stored procedures
- first goal is to get rid of the reports_clean table
- (willkg) fiddled with a buildhub scraper script; waiting for a schema and for their data to be more stable
No new progress.
Symbol Server 2017
- Spent two days writing a new mock solution for unit testing boto3. Sigh.
- Tracker https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1365672
- Ted r+ the taking-over of symbols.mozilla.org
- Rough timeline:
- no Rapid Risk Assessment needed for the Tecken Download and Tecken Symbolicate
- no Security Checklist needed for Tecken Download and Tecken Symbolicate
- peterbe to start load testing process with grumpy using molotov
- Go to prod with Tecken Download and Tecken Symbolicate and take over symbols.mozilla.org
- Finish the work on Tecken Upload
- will need RRA and Security Checklist
- will get RelEng to switch to symbols.mozilla.org for their uploads
- Adrian on French Holiday tomorrow, May 25th
- US Holiday on May 29th
- peterbe out rest of the week, 25-26 May