What we do
Mozilla's bugmaster develops policies and processes for managing bugs, their goal is to "leave no bug behind," and help Mozillians make crisp and actionable decisions on bugs, and enable them to follow-through on their decisions.
All unresolved bugs in Core, Firefox, Firefox Android, Firefox iOS, and Toolkit (excluding general and untriaged) without open needinfos filed since 2016-06-01.
This is also viewable as a Re:dash dashboard
Who we are
- Emma Humphries (:emceeaich), Bugmaster email@example.com
- Bug Handling: Making sure no bug is left behind
- Bugzilla Clean Up: End-of-life for Bugzilla components
- Bugzilla Folk Knowledge: Documenting how each team uses bugzilla metadata
- Bugzilla Training: Equip Mozillans with best practices on bugs
- Repeat Filers: Track contributions from new Mozillans, so we can get more people filing bugs earlier in the release cycle
- Bugzilla Readable Statuses - enhancement to bugzilla.mozilla.com to help make the status of a bug more understandable
- Triage Center - tool for finding untriaged bugs, and other bugs that need attention
If you're triaging bugs in a component, Triage for Component Leads is the process we follow.
The bugmaster office has no scheduled meetings at this time.
Get in touch with us. Don't hesitate to communicate using:
- The IRC channel: irc.mozilla.org#bugmasters. Join us on IRC to say hello, introduce yourself, and talk about bugs, bugs, bugs. Questions are welcome!
- Joining the bugmaster mailing list to be informed of all the news and the discussions.
- If you triage bugs in a component, you should be on the triage leads mailing list