When a new developer joins the Bugzilla Project, we ask that they introduce themselves on the Bugzilla developers list.
The purpose of all this is to break anonymity and create real-world community within the project, and to let us know that you're here and you want to be a part of the Bugzilla developer community.
Here's the format for a Self-Introduction:
Subject: Self-Introduction: Your Name Here
- Full legal name (as you use it is fine)
- Your IRC nick on irc.mozilla.org (if you have one)
- City, Country; you may use your timezone if you have a compelling reason not to specify your city or country
- Profession or Student status (optional)
- Company, School, or other affiliation (optional)
- What do you want to help out with?
- Historical qualifications
- What other technical projects have you worked on in the past?
- What level and type of computer skills do you have?
- What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User interface design, other so-called soft skills (people skills), etc.
- Anything else you'd like to say.