(Redirected from Bugzilla:L10n)
Bugzilla Localization Working Group
There are people who make localizatons happen: the localizers.
Also, there are people who make localizations possible: architects, analysts, and developers. Localization as long-term design goal may affect decision making in many points that may look orthogonal.
The l10n team has been created on 36th meeting.
- Siarhei, Belarus
- Cédric Corazza (Cedric), France
- Marc Schumann (Wurblzap), Germany
- Shimono Atsushi (himorin), Japan
- Vitaly Fedrushkov (SnowyOwl), Russia
- Knowledge sharing
- Reduce effort duplication between localization projects.
- Localizability improvement
- Fix mainstream product bugs which lead to problems in localized sites. Offer rigorous testing for changes affecting i18n.
- Better tools
- Use and develop better tools to facilitate localization.
- User support
- Develop uniform terminology for application domain in each language. Provide support to Bugzilla users in their languages.
- Mailing list
- email@example.com was created in 2003 to inform all localizers about critical issues. Now it is used for team communication.
- mozilla.dev.apps.bugzilla should be used for discussions open to all Bugzilla developers.
- Bugzilla localization needs and plans.
- Localizers Guide
- now updated by Cédric Corazza.
- Bugs and problems
- Common l10n and l12y bugs, problems and solutions.
- Test site at landfill
- This 4.0 installation has bg, cs, de, en, es, fr, ja, pl, ru, and zh-tw installed. You may see how it looks like, and try to reproduce various problems.
- Time zone gaps make IRC less useful for us, than to other teams :-)
List of all known localization efforts, including duplicated and unfinished.
Summary of deliverables is available on Bugzilla download page.
Revive mailing list-- SnowyOwl
Contact all l10n projects members to participate in our team-- SnowyOwl
- Take over and update Localizers' Guide bug 412654 -- Cedric
- Move Bugzilla to Maketext -- SnowyOwl
Deploy on landfill-- LpSolit
- Interact with Mozilla l10n teams