4th IRC meeting: Tuesday, March 14th, 2006 at 19:00 GMT
The log of our meeting is available.
- We cleared all the current blockers, they weren't considered severe enough to actually stop the release of 2.22. QA has started on 2.22, if you'd like to help, join #qa-bugzilla on irc.mozilla.org. We expect QA to be done in a week. We hope to release Bugzilla 2.22 (and 2.20.2) by March 26, meaning that the release process will start some time around March 23. This means that checkins are completely frozen on 2.22 and 2.20, except for critical regressions.
- It would be useful to have a way to indicate what the team's priority is on a bug, as separate from what the developer's priority is for their personal buglist. However, that would have to wait for Custom Fields. That would allow us to prioritize certain bugs inside of a Target Milestone.
- versioncache removal is currently slowed-down by some re-architecture that has to be done. We should keep working on removing other parts of globals.pl, though. And we should remove any parts of versioncache that we can remove now.
- We considered a mechanism for automatically notifying admins that a new Bugzilla release was available, inside of Bugzilla itself. We filed bug 330487.
- Bugzilla Test Runner is becoming a mozilla.org project. It is now owned by Gregary Hendricks of Novell. Gregary and his team have been working extensively on Test Runner for some time now, and have been improving it in addition to bringing it up-to-date to work with 2.22. It will be changing names, and there's a contest going on for naming it. If you are interested in Test Runner, join #testrunner on irc.mozilla.org, and see this link.
- Our next meeting was Tuesday, March 28th.