From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

14th IRC meeting: Tuesday, August 8th, 2006 at 18:00 GMT

  • We plan to fix 6 security bugs in our next set of releases. 4 of them have patches awaiting review, and the last 2 still need someone to work on them.
  • Due to these security bugs and QA tests, we won't be ready to release before the end of the month.
  • justdave and jhulten will try to contact a guy from MySQL to know what is best between MyISAM and InnoDB for our DB schema. This follows a long and interesting discussion we had during the meeting, where many questions and worries appeared. Till all our questions are answered, we are going to postpone the decision to move to InnoDB.
  • Oracle informed us that they were still interested in having Bugzilla 3.0 working with an Oracle DB. They plan to assign two Oracle developers on it.
  • Supporting Oracle means we need an Oracle installation on landfill (for reviews and testing patches). But we need some Oracle patches to install it on RHEL 4, and these patches are not free. justdave will have a look if it's possible to get them anyway.
  • No negative feedback about new module owners and our new policy so far.
  • No new task from the roadmap has been done for several weeks now, mainly because we are waiting for reviews. Flag code rewrite, mod_perl support and custom fields should be complete on time though, i.e. before we freeze for 3.0. About other tasks, we don't know yet, but don't be too optimistic.
  • A non-critical question is: which version number should we use for our next development snapshot: 2.23.3, 2.99.1 or something else? The reason for this question is that we are now officially going to release Bugzilla 3.0 (instead of Bugzilla 2.24). We don't agree about what this version number should be, but that's a minor issue which we will fix internally. :)
  • We plan to release Bugzilla 3.0rc1 around Christmas. We suspect we will need a second RC in Q1 2007 with Bugzilla 3.0 final a few weeks after RC2.
  • Our next meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 22, at 18:00 GMT (11:00 PDT, 20:00 CEST).

Next meeting