31st IRC meeting: Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- QA tests for 3.0.1 are in progress. They should be done during the week. 2.22.3 and 2.20.5 have already been tested.
- There was some discussion about the versioning scheme, and whether we should increase the major version (3.0, 4.0, 5.0, ...) more often. We came to the conclusion that Bugzilla 3.2 was mainly a polished release compared to 3.0, with some new interesting features, but nothing amazing enough to call it 4.0. So we will really call our coming major release 3.2. But with the coming implementation of Bug->update and additional XML-RPC methods, it would become possible for one Bugzilla installation to interact with other installations. This seems to be important enough to worth calling the next release Bugzilla 4.0. Said otherwise, Bugzilla 4.x installations would be able to talk to each other.
- It should be possible for localizers to include translated documentation in their tarball without overwriting english documentation, see bug 182975.
- justdave and ghendricks were at OSCON, and the Bugzilla booth on Thurday 26, from 3:30pm to 5:30pm was successful. See you next year?