44th IRC meeting: Tuesday, August 12th, 2008 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- We released Bugzilla 3.2 RC1, 3.0.5 and 2.22.5 earlier today! So we don't know yet if a second release candidate will be needed or not. We hope to release 3.2 final within one month.
- As said several times (but the question was asked again), we don't plan to move to Hg or bzr in the near future. But bzr seems to get more and more followers anyway. In all cases, we won't go away from CVS till PatchReader fully supports other VCS (at least Hg and bzr, ideally). This may require to use VCI.
- There has been some progress in one task of the roadmap for 4.0, about moving code from CGI scripts to Bugzilla modules.
- We also removed some (very) inactive tasks from the roadmap, mostly because the assignees are not contributing much these days, and we don't expect them to contribute in the near future.
- We finally changed our mind (again) and we plan to release Bugzilla 3.4 (with no specific roadmap). We will freeze the code and branch for 3.4 around October - November this year (more specifically: two months after the release of 3.2). This will probably delay Bugzilla 4.0 a bit. The roadmap for 4.0 remains unaltered by this intermediate release.
- dkl (David Lawrence) and pyrzak (Guy Pyrzak) can now do reviews!
- After the meeting itself, justdave collected stats about the number of downloads of Bugzilla tarballs. Here are the results at 02:00 GMT on Wednesday, August 13 (this means at 7pm PDT on Tuesday evening, a few hours after the meeting):
3.0.4: 120,500 downloads 3.1.4: 27,798 downloads 2.22.4: 2809 downloads 2.20.6: 5195 downloads
And in the first 15 hours after the release of Bugzilla 3.2 RC1, 3.0.5 and 2.22.5, we get:
3.2rc1: 206 downloads 3.0.5: 619 downloads 2.22.5: 30 downloads
We see that very few installations still upgrade to 2.2x.