45th IRC meeting: Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- bugzilla.mozilla.org has been upgraded to 3.2 RC1. We got a lot of feedback, mostly about the new UI when editing bugs (see blockers of the bug).
- Remaining UI blockers are being discussed and triaged. Many UI polish bugs are good to take, but won't block 3.2. We will take them when they are ready.
- The keyword chooser will be removed from 3.2 RC2 (and 3.2 final)! It has been implemented in Bugzilla 3.1.1, but has been considered as a usability regression by many users who couldn't easily use Tab + autocomplete to navigate through the keyword field anymore. It will probably be replaced by something more usable (e.g. autocomplete, see b.m.o) for Bugzilla 3.4.
- Little feedback about performance in 3.2 RC1, but nothing bad has been found so far (compared to older releases?).
- Bugzilla 3.2 RC1 is pretty stable. Nothing wrong has been found besides minor bugs. As examples, Mozilla and RedHat both use this version in production with no problem.
- We are going to relax how the 'ssl' parameter works when set to 'never'. Currently, it doesn't let you access pages using HTTPS (because never means never), but it should only be used to decide if a redirection is needed or not, not to prevent you from using HTTPS if you want to. So we are going to rename it to ssl_redirect or force_ssl_redirect and update the code accordingly.
- It has been a hard decision, but we are going to release Bugzilla 3.2 RC2 due to the large number of checkins done since 3.2 RC1. We will release it when all blockers are fixed and QA is complete.