54th IRC meeting: Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- ETA for Bugzilla 3.5.1, 3.4.3 and 3.0.10 is this week.
- Freezing date for new Bugzilla 3.6 features is December 8. Planned release date for 3.6 is July 2010.
- Some Bugzilla developers have complained about the new index.cgi UI. pyrzak may work on new header and possibly new index.cgi stuff for 3.6 or 3.8.
- Some attention should be paid to bugs blocking bug 490786.
- Testopia 2.3 beta, which is compatible with Bugzilla 3.4, will soon be available.
- The list of unconfirmed bugs is getting longer and longer (221 bugs currently), probably because many of these bugs are RFEs or issues in areas not really active (such as LDAP, the charting system and Search.pm). Active developers needed!
- LpSolit received one complaint that we require "too perfect" patches before granting review. This seems to discourage some contributors. On the other hand, well written code is easier to maintain (process_bug.cgi in the Bugzilla 2.x era is a good example of how hard it can be to maintain). We don't plan to relax our requirements to land a patch into the source code.
- The two main goals for Bugzilla 3.8 are 1) fix remaining HCI bugs which didn't land in 3.6 (bug 490786), and 2) fully implement Bug.update(), so that email_in.pl and WebServices are fully functional to update bugs (bug 415813). At the same time, we hope to support MS-SQL.
- One question was about Bugzilla presence at FOSDEM and CeBit. There is currently no talk planned for these two meetings. And OSCON always rejects our requests.