Appoint note taker and get them editing the Etherpad
Current release status (Dylan)
- release notes is biggest blocker
- If we can make commit messages more descriptive we may be able to generate some of the release notes from the commit messages
- aiming towards pre-6.0 development release
- wanting to release more frequently
Current release-critical challenges (Dylan)
- A couple Windows-related bugs related to installation
- small smattering of other bugs outstanding, not much major
BMO/trunk merge status (Dylan)
- largest set of changes is in the authentication stack
- not merging the entire thing at once, but there will be a shrinking number of differences as we go along.
- Stuff coming up from BMO to upstream:
- Editing comments is on short list to move to core.
- Handling bounced email - BMO bounces 19 million emails per month, working on an API to tell Bugzilla that someone's email is bouncing so it can be disabled.
- REST API
- Markdown support
- May be doing Outreachy instead because for the kinds of projects we have, we seem to get better candidates from there.
Any other business
- there is an updated diff-view patch from RedHat, looks very nice