Updating the version
When your product passes its next milestone and you increment your product minor version number, you'll need to update the Talkback package so that the Talkback extension will recognize the new version number as valid. Luckily, this is a simple change that you can make yourself.
- Unzip the Talkback package you need to update.
- Open the install.rdf file for the Talkback extension in an editor.
This file can be found under, e.g. for SeaMonkey, firstname.lastname@example.org/install.rdf
- Find the <em:targetApplication> section for your product, and
update the <em:maxVersion> so that your new product version number is covered. You may want to up the maxVersion to whatever your eventual target release version number will be. This would save you having to make another change for each minor version revision. It's up to you.
- Recreate the archive, preserving the original directory structure
(usually dist/ and fullsoft/ at the root level).
- If you rename your archive file, make sure change the references to it
in your tinder-config.pl.
NOTE: this will only work for minor version revisions.