CA/Updating Root Store Policy
Process for Updating the Root Store Policy
- A Mozilla representative will bring forward an item for discussion in the mozilla.dev.security.policy forum.
- There will be a discussion of how, if at all, to modify the policy for the item.
- At some point, which may be at the start, a Mozilla representative will draft proposed text.
- A Mozilla representative will summarize a consensus that has been reached, and/or state the official position of Mozilla in either the discussion in mozilla.dev.security.policy or in the policy issue tracker, or both.
- The draft policy in Github will be updated, if required.
- The issue will be closed.
At intervals, a new policy version will be released based on the current draft, along with a timeline for compliance.