Calendar:QA Chat:2006-01-25:Log

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[11:34]	<ctalbert>	Okay, let's get started.
[11:34]	<ctalbert>	Here is the agenda (you'll need to refresh if you had 
it open).
[11:36]	<ctalbert>	First off, I want to say thanks and acknoweldge all 
the work everyone has done this week on knocking out the Unconfirmed bugs. 
We're down to *87* unconfirmed, non-enhancement bugs!!!
[11:36]	<ctalbert>	That is very very cool. Thanks to everyone that's
 been helping with that mschroeder, xFallenAngel ssitter, damian....
[11:37]	<ctalbert>	I'm sure you've all seen the switch around that 
has occurred with the nightly builds so that we can get ready for 0.3.1
[11:37]	<ctalbert>	If not, ssitter wrote a great post on the
 Newsgroup ( that outlines all the changes.
[11:38]	<ctalbert>	Speaking of those, we will need to do 
smoketesting on the Lightning 0.3.1, Sunbird 0.3.1 before the
 testday on Tuesday. Those smoketests will probably have to take
 place over the weekend. You can see on the agenda, I have two 
bonsai queries where you can find the changes that have gone into 
those builds
[11:39]	<ctalbert>	We also need to run smoketests on 0.6a1 
Lightning and Lightning-Wcap with Thunderbird 3.0. I don't know 
if anyone has been testing on that platform, I know I haven't.
[11:39]	<ctalbert>	So, I will be adding this information to 
the Calendar QA Todo List.
[11:40]	<ssitter>	i think linux trunk builds are still broken
 due to different compiler versions on tinderboxen
[11:41]	<ssitter>	but i have not tested that for a long 
[11:41]	<ctalbert>	That's good to know.
[11:42]	<ssitter>	(bug 321244)
[11:42]	<firebot>	ssitter: Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, Lightning build for Linux crashes official 
Thunderbird build (trunk only) [@ nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPt
[11:43]	<nightrat>	yes, last time i tested that the builds
 are still broken, tested in two or three weeks ago
[11:43]	<ctalbert>	nightrat: thanks
[11:44]	<ctalbert>	We will have two test days next week. Our 
primary test day will be on Tuesday, at the usual times. We will 
also have a shortened one on Thursday, with the Seneca students. 
Eor is organizing that second test day.
[11:44]	<ctalbert>	Eor: Do you still think there will be 20 
people available for the thursday test day?
[11:45]	<firebot> set the Resolution field 
on bug 177109 to FIXED.
[11:45]	<firebot>	Bug
 enh, --, ---,, RESO FIXED, jump to specific date 
using command line invocation
[11:46]	<ctalbert>	Okay...I'll talk to her later about that.
[11:46]	<ctalbert>	That's all the updates I have.
[11:46]	<ctalbert>	Unless there is anything else, let's turn
 to the QA Discussion bugs
[11:46]	<ctalbert>
[11:47]	<ctalbert>	First one is 349735
[11:48]	<ctalbert>	Hmm...I'm not sure what is going on with 
this bug. It needs to be confirmed.
[11:49]	<ctalbert>	I'll see if I can do something about that
[11:49]	<ctalbert>	Next up is bug 361046
[11:49]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Printing doesn't take summer and winter 
time into account
[11:50]	<ctalbert>	Looks like on this one everyone believes it
 is a dupe
[11:50]	<ctalbert>	I'll mark it as such
[11:51]	<firebot> set the Resolution 
field on bug 361046 to DUPLICATE of bug 314339.
[11:51]	<firebot>	Bug
 nor, P1, Sunbird 0.5,, NEW, need to handle 
non-native timezone bits
[11:51]	<ctalbert>	next is bug 362285
[11:51]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Cannot choose Sunbird as the default calendar 
for windows
[11:52]	<ctalbert>	mschroeder writes: For QA discussion: Is
 this a bug or a request for enhancement? What needs to be
done to put Sunbird on the list of calendar applications in Windows?
[11:52]	<ctalbert>	thoughts
[11:52]	<ctalbert>	?
[11:53]	<ctalbert>	I tend to think it is a bug.
[11:54]	* ctalbert	wonders if this is an "agreement" silence or a
 "disagreement" silence...
[11:54]	<ssitter>	i don't known
[11:54]	<ssitter>	i don't use internet explorer
[11:55]	<ssitter>	Internet Options control panel is part of IE
[11:55]	<ctalbert>	The drop down in question is a drop down for 
calendar applications. It's also used for system defaults.
[11:55]	<ssitter>	don't know what this settings are used for
[11:55]	<ctalbert>	For instance thunderbird is in the drop down 
on the same panel for "Email application"
[11:56]	<ctalbert>	It probably requires making some MAPI registry 
[11:56]	<ssitter>	so the first thing would be to know what is
 required for an application listed there
[11:56]	<ssitter>	react on .ics links?
[11:57]	<nightrat>	i use windows not very often
[11:57]	<ssitter>	webcal links?
[11:57]	<nightrat>	;-)
[11:58]	<ctalbert>	I think it needs investigation. I'm not sure
 either, ssitter. But I think it can be confirmed as a bug. It can 
still be closed invalid or wontfix after that. But it sounds like 
something we should support if it is possible without too much effort.
[11:58]	<ssitter>	i think registering sunbird as calendar 
handler in internet explorer is an enhancement
[11:58]	-->|	Sebo (chatzilla@95506425.96D36313.6C126586.IP) has joined #calendar-qa
[12:00]	<ctalbert>	ssitter: I think if this is truly an internet 
explorer only issue, then it is an enhancement. If it is registering 
sunbird as calendar handler for the OS, then it is a bug.
[12:00]	<ctalbert>	(and if it is registering as a calendar 
handler for windows, it is probably also a dupe)
[12:00]	<ssitter>	the tooltip says so
[12:01]	<ssitter>	for example the email program listed in 
that dialog isn't the default email program setup in windows
[12:02]	<ctalbert>	True. I'll look into this a bit more, and 
see what I can dig up. I unfortunately have some experience with 
[12:02]	<ctalbert>	:-)
[12:02]	<ctalbert>	We'll postpone the decision.
[12:02]	<ctalbert>	next bug 367427
[12:02]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, All kind of problems with creating new 
network oriented calendars
[12:02]	-->|	damian ( has 
joined #calendar-qa
[12:03]	<ctalbert>	This is a very recent issue.
[12:03]	<ctalbert>	Damian: 367427
[12:04]	<ctalbert>	This sounds like a "the dialog is not very 
useable" bug rather than a problem with actual networking. We need 
to know what kind of path the user gave the dialog in order to know 
why the calendar wasn't created.
[12:04]	<damian>	hi
[12:04]	<ssitter>	might be good to know what 'path' was entered 
for the calendar
[12:05]	<ctalbert>	I'll ask the reporter for clarification on 
that. I don't think there is much else we can do until we know that.
[12:05]	<ssitter>	and if it was a valid link to file and not 
path only
[12:06]	<ctalbert>	Ok done.
[12:06]	<ctalbert>	On to the QA Wanted list.
[12:07]	<ctalbert>
[12:07]	<ctalbert>	There are 22 bugs on here
[12:07]	<ctalbert>	We probably won't get through them all before we run 
out of time, so is there any bug that people want to ask about first?
[12:08]	<ctalbert>	What about bug 317607 -- this is NEW, not 
unconfirmed. It is a known issue.
[12:09]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, For minimonth should be used localization 
language and not OS language
[12:10]	<ssitter>	damian: what QA is required for that bug?
[12:10]	<ctalbert>	mschroeder and I were talking about this on Tuesday. 
Perhaps when there is a difference in language between the OS and the 
application, the minimonth (and other related components) should pick
the application language instead of the OS langauge.
[12:10]	<ctalbert>	s/should pick/should use
[12:12]	<ssitter>	bug is confirmed, so it's all about writing a 
patch. I don't see need for QA at the moment
[12:12]	<ctalbert>	me either. Removing QA Wanted flag.
[12:12]	<damian>	I mean that this is probably not big stuff and 
will be nice to have it in next release
[12:13]	<damian>	that's all
[12:13]	<damian>	I wanted to focus attention
[12:13]	<ctalbert>	damian, I think that in order to do that you 
should set the blocking-calendar0.5 to a ? in order to get it included 
in the next release.
[12:14]	<damian>	probably but this one does not block anything, 
[12:14]	<damian>	this is bug but we can work without it
[12:14]	<ctalbert>	No, you need to set the blocking flag, on the 
bug...we can talk about it in more detail after the meeting.
[12:14]	<damian>	so in this case does it make sense to set 
the flat?
[12:15]	<ctalbert>	Yes, those are used to indicate bugs that 
we want to put in the next release
[12:15]	<damian>	ok
[12:15]	<Sebo>	what about bug 348892
[12:15]	<firebot>	Sebo: Bug nor, --, ---,, ASSI, Need a published calendar for Calendar 
Project Events
[12:16]	<Sebo>	are we going to use this location?
[12:16]	<ctalbert>	Likewise, this shouldn't be QAwanted, but we 
do need some focus on it. I have some ideas on how create a project 
calendar for us (that doesn't reside on xFallenAngel 's machine) but 
I have to run it by mozilla Corp first.
[12:16]	<ctalbert>	I was thinking about using a third party provider --
 google or ical xchange for instance
[12:16]	<firebot> requested 
blocking-calendar0.5 from the wind on bug 317607.
[12:17]	<ctalbert>	But, I want to use this as an issue to ask 
Mozilla QA if we can get an actual calendar system that we can use 
for testing, just a webdav system, and that system could also host 
this calendar file for us.
[12:17]	|<--	Andreas has left (Client exited)
[12:18]	* ctalbert	will remove 348892 from the qa wanted list 
and add it to the calendar_QA TODO list
[12:18]	<ctalbert>	What about bug 367476?
[12:18]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug maj, --, ---,, UNCO, Cannot create new event and events not 
saved after closing Thunderbird
[12:19]	<ctalbert>	This one is very new, and looks serious
[12:19]	<ctalbert>	Anyone seen anything like it?
[12:19]	-->|	Andreas (chatzilla@D5247A14.4C00166E.33AABD5F.IP) 
has joined #calendar-qa
[12:21]	<ctalbert>	What about bug 364363? Can we mark this as 
[12:21]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug maj, --, ---,, UNCO, Subscribing to or accessing a remote 
calendar generates 0x80004005 error
[12:21]	<ctalbert>	Well, we can't do that until we have the 
ICS file, I guess.
[12:22]	<ctalbert>	I'll try pinging the reporter again
[12:22]	<ctalbert>	What about bug 361956?
[12:22]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Past due tasks do not show up in Agenda.
[12:23]	<ctalbert>	ssitter: Can we mark this as wontfix? I agree 
with you.
[12:24]	<ctalbert>	I'm going to mark it as WONTFIX.
[12:24]	<xFallenAngel>	Hey. I have a google calendar already for 
QA events
[12:25]	<ctalbert>	xFallenAngel: Cool
[12:25]	<xFallenAngel>	This is the HTML link address:
[12:26]	<ctalbert>	What about bug 357355? It looks like this can 
easily be solved as WFM...
[12:26]	<firebot>	ctalbert: Bug maj, --, ---,, UNCO, Cannot open mail messages in new window 
after Lightning installed
[12:27]	<ctalbert>	xFallenAngel: Nice.
[12:27]	<xFallenAngel>	you should also be able to subscribe when 
searching for "mozilla qa" in your google calendar
[12:28]	<Sebo>	ctalbert: I agree, it should be WFM
[12:28]	<ctalbert>	Thanks, Sebo.
[12:29]	<ctalbert>	Are there any others that people want to 
take a look at while everyone's online? We are almost out of time.
[12:30]	<xFallenAngel>	I just wanted to note that I added mod_deflate 
to my dav share in the /dav/deflate/ folder.
[12:30]	<xFallenAngel>	I haven't had time to try it out fully, but I 
remember there was one bug about Content-Encoding
[12:31]	<ctalbert>	Cool. Thanks.
[12:31]	<xFallenAngel>	If you have any other ideas on what apache 
modules might help testing, go ahead and tell me :)
[12:32]	<ctalbert>	I don't know of any at the moment...
[12:32]	<ctalbert>	We need everyone who has time to help out next 
week at all the test day events. In the meantime, please try to go through 
some of these QA Wanted defects. And let's continue on knocking out 
the Unconfirmed bugs. You are all doing a great job.
[12:33]	<xFallenAngel>	Has MoCo responded regarding the article?
[12:33]	<ctalbert>	Also, don't forget about smoketesting the builds 
for the test day, and if you find an issue, you can post it on the 
calendar QA TODO list so that everyone is aware.
[12:33]	<ctalbert>	(and file a bug).
[12:33]	<ctalbert>	xFallenAngel: Not yet.
[12:34]	<ctalbert>	dmose: Any updates from the PR front?
[12:36]	<ctalbert>	Have to ask later I guess...
[12:36]	<ctalbert>	== Thanks everyone for all your help. This 
concludes the QA Chat. ===