<< previous meeting | index | next meeting >>
- Thursday April 13, 17:00 UTC, in #calendar-mtg
- Meeting Log
bienvenu, ctalbert, dmose, garyvdm, lilmatt, jminta, mhovis, muhjiko
Action items from last week
- dmose has a draft of the status of calendar modules posted
- will continue work on evolution/scaling this week, as top priority
- mvl not available to report on camino review process
- Possible developer meeting: June may be a tough month, will continue poking at this
- still need to get download numbers (action item: dmose)
Scaling up development processes
As above, dmose is continuing work on this in the coming days
Sunbird 0.3a2 status
- Main issue is problems arising from daylight savings switch
- Hopefully implementing a working timezone-picker will solve this
- lilmatt is already writing this patch
Brainstorming: Mozilla Calendaring
Need to determine our "raison d'etre"
- dmose: "we want to use the net to make time management and scheduling easier for people"
- jminta/ctalbert: Are we sure we want to emphasize 'the net' so much?
- lilmatt: One thing holding us back from true sharing is freebusy/resource stuff
- dmose: Open standards is definitely an important part of our mission
- dmose: There already exist good offline-calendar solutions
- dmose: Instead, there is room for innovation in the sharing/net areas.
- dmose/jminta: "people can find my events" = "open" and, "i can get events from anywhere" = "free-flowing"
- Going to continue discussion on this and related topics (imaginary users) in the newsgroup
- backend: Improve handling of foreign ICS files.
- front-end: Performance (use newly fixed Venkman for profiling)
- Especially with iTIP/iMIP, need to make sure Lightning (with mail available) and Sunbird (without mail) each handle this nicely
- Perhaps try to freeze some TB interfaces?
- Work on abstracting the message-sending bit as cleanly as possible
Same time, next week.