- Wednesday, March 21th, 17:00 UTC
- U.S. FOLKS: NOTE THE TIME!
- Phone meeting
- Join #calendar-mtg on irc.mozilla.org for attendance
- Toll free numbers
- US/Canada: 800 867 8609
- Netherlands: 08002658232
- Germany: 08001014546
- Poland: 008001114706
- Sun: x44444
- More numbers (toll/toll free): Sun Worldwide Ready-Access numbers
- Access Code
- Conference controls
- *6 mute line
- *7 unmute line
- Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking
- 0.5 Status Update
- F2F Meeting Logistics
- Which hotel? Who's renting a car? etc.
- Thomas Benisch (tbe) has been assigned to another team
- Conference phone number is changing
- ctalbert, christian, lilmatt, mickey, mvl, phillip, simon
Face to Face
- April 20 through 24 --> SET IN STONE
- Meeting in Hamburg office in Sun
- Two minutes from Subway by foot :-)
- Christian will send out a list of nearby hotels
- Radisson is in the middle of everything, sounds like a good location
- Hotels downtown are 100-130 Euros per night.
- He will ask if there is a contract with a particular hotel so that we can get a discount
- Simon will also look to see if his company has corporate rates for particular Hamburg hotels
- Create a wiki page for the meeting schedule - Christian will do that.
- About 20 Euros to go from airport to hotel by taxi
- Over the past week a fair bit of stuff that landed
- We got moved onto our own mac tinderbox
- There are some issues w.r.t. talkback
- Got all other issues with it resolved
- Some blockers have landed:
- lightning preferences landed
- caldav changes
- colors to the lightning calendars
- drag and drop fix
- undo/redo stack
- mvl and lilmatt: will check out the items on the blocking list and see what is remaining and triage those.
- Patches that need attention
- Alarm slider that ssitter made would be nice to have for 0.5 - currently in UI review
- Bug 362698 - Caldav etags - this might break L10N string freeze
- Strings that would change would be two dialogs that would appear to notify the user that the items have changed on the server
- We might see more people trying to use CalDav once Apple releases the Lepoard server
- Bug 374757 - Lightning Always tries to send an invitation if the attendees are entered.
- This would add a check box to the event dialog to prevent this from constantly trying to send an invitation
- The net of this would be about 5 strings total added (for both bugs)
- The caldav is definitely important because it addresses a data loss issue.
- We should also take the iTIP invitation issue as well because it definitely breaks the WCAP provider (since it doesn't need to send invitations via email).
- The invitation problem may need to be another of the provider capabilities so that each provider can quickly determine what its default behavior should be.
- Should new patches land? Do they need review?
- We should develop peers for the Gdata provider for people who are comfortable with touching that code
- In the meantime, Phillip ought to pick folks that are in the blanket developers to review the patches just to sanity check the patches
- So, we will have a review on the Gdata code and then people can become peers on that code after they get familiar with the code via reviewing it.
- Clint and Joey are good people to do reviews on that since they use it.
- May 7 - 11 at Boeing in Seattle
- If anyone wants to go to that to represent us, that would be good.
- Matt will be talking to folks including Clint and Frank Hecker of the Mo Foundation. to look into funding people to go to the interoperability and test fest up there.
- Thomas (tbe) has been assigned to another team. (effective immediately) He will finish what he has left open, but after that, he will not be able to contribute anything further.
- Sun will be changing the contractor for the telephone conference so the phone number will change from next week on. Mickey will post the changes to the wiki page.