<< previous meeting | index | next meeting >>
- Wednesday, May 16th, 16:00 UTC
- Phone meeting
- Join #calendar-mtg on irc.mozilla.org for attendance
- Toll free numbers
- US/Canada: 866-692-3163
- Netherlands: 0800-020-1392
- Germany: 0800-000-3441
- Participant Passcode
- Conference controls
- Press *1 private help menu
- Press *6 mute or un-mute individual line
- Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking
- 0.5 Shipping schedule
Clint, Philipp, Daniel, Simon, Michiel
Daniel went to CalConnect
- First part was interop, second part was roundtable
- Every large calendar vendor was represented
- It was good to get to meet people there, talked about the desperate need for the timezone registry.
- Interop: We could do better. Daniel fixed some bugs on the fly w.r.t. etags. We have basic support for CalDav right now, which aligns with what most servers support.
- Scheduling support is currently only available in Apple and Bedework
- Posted bugs to Bruno
- Also found bugs on the server side w/some of the implementations
- It was good to be able to talk directly to the developers in the field.
- Very big, about 40 people
- Microsoft were also there and were considering to support calDav or not.
- It's unclear what their plans are.
- Most server vendors only have a web UI present, so there is still much interest in fat clients
- CalDav is still evolving, it's still not complete. One of the things that is missing is a true synchronization feature that can be used for offline mode. All they currently have is etag based checking, which does not scale with larger calendars.
- CalConnect also discussed further revisions of 2445 and 2446.
- Could not get any commitment from Google on their calendar APIs. But the fact that they were there shows that they have an interest in the open standards.
- bug 379236 Philipp consolidated the 0.7 Sunbird/Lightning into one 0.7 milestone. Timeless wants to know if the older milestones into one to make it look neater.
- Don't care about old milestones, but do care about old versions since those were used to file bugs.
- Simon will post about the versions in the newsgroup.
- Simon will ask Timeless about ordering of target milestones
- All localizations are on board -- still unknown if more is left to do on Lightning. But, for our supported localizations, the tinderboxes are green.
- We also had an excellent test day yesterday
- It comes down to the final steps to cut the release.
- ctalbert will take the first stab at the release notes.
- Daniel is out from next Thursday for a week
- Simon is unavailable from Friday to Wednesday
- bug 380164 is the 0.5 release process tracking bug
- Daniel has a stage account and can easily prepare the area for us to land the build.
- ctalbert will call lilmatt after the call.