- Rob Strong to work on updater pieces, will give an update next week
- Limi to work with UI to do design & mockups
- Sayer to keep pushing on updating the release schedule
- Will get together next week to discuss
- Rename "dev" to "experimental."
- Firefox name for experimental, beta and final, but minefield for nightlies.
- Concerns about bundle names in the short term.
- Will probably be part of the About dialog.
- Opportunity to roll out server features to betas and devs as well.
- Profiles are a major concern - downgrading is scary.
- Add-ons are a concern.
- Might have to disable binary add-ons, a huge concern.
- Discussion of whether or not they check.
- Discussion of automatic updates, notification and disabling updates.
- Should be possible to turn it off, but not to ignore anupdate when it shows up.
- Should have a way to show off new features after update.
- Update process.
- Should do it on shutdown or with a service.
- Windows is highest priority, Mac is lower.
- Will still have an update notification.
- Talk about security as little as possible, makes people nervous.