- Chris updated stumbler to upload BSSIDs, not BSSID+SSID hashes.
- Doug is implementing stumbler MapView.
- Chris is talking to OpenWLANMap about integrating with their Android stumbler.
- Hanno implemented "geolocate me" service API that is GLS-compatible and works in (some versions of) desktop Firefox!
- Added Google Analytics to website, prior to any blog/twitter exposure
- Added new "materialized view" for `/map` data and show a lot more data
- Documentation updates, code refactoring, paying down some technical debt
- Chris is pushing Legal to get an official opinion on what combination of BSSIDs, SSIDs, and BSSID+SSID hashes we can collect and publish.
- Fail fast! To go public ASAP, we need to:
- Chris will ask Jishnu to approve stumbler privacy notice.
- Chris will ask Jishnu and Gerv about what data license we should use for stumbler data, assuming we won't publish any data yet but we might in the near future.*** Land Doug's MapView
- Publish stumbler in Google Play Store:
- Chris will ask Fennec team about their certs and publishing process.
- Chris will ask Jishnu to approve website privacy FAQ.
- Hanno to add separate leaderboards for AP and cell counts, not total scan time.
- Chris will alert PR.
- Hanno has written a blog post.
- Gerv said he would like to write a blog post about geolocation data privacy.
- Mark wants us to promote at Mozilla Summit. Where? Innovation Fair booth?
- Success criteria: number of new users and geographic coverage