- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, 3V (Very Good, Very Mighty)
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Currently Active Projects
- 1.1 J-PAKE (Philipp, Stefan, Tarek)
- 1.2 Simplified Crypto (Richard)
- 1.3 Account Management Portal
- 1.4 Sync Server 1.5 (Toby)
- 1.5 Node Management (Toby)
- 1.6 Next-gen Server (Tarek)
- 1.7 Identity Server (Tarek)
- 1.8 Firefox Home 1.1 (Stefan)
- 1.9 Places GUID revamp (sdwilsh)
- 2 Upcoming Projects
Currently Active Projects
J-PAKE (Philipp, Stefan, Tarek)
- deployed in stage since last week
- added a "health check" page for Ops needs
- Need to change the '/report' API so it does a report-and-delete - Will do once Stefan+Phillip have finished the report failures page
- Latest try builds (from Sunday night) are up, got ui-r+ from faaborg, only minor tweaks to do.
- Waiting for review from mconnor for network client + UI patches.
- Waiting for bsmith's J-PAKE implementation in NSS. There's a patch already for the HKDF, waiting for other patches and review from Rob.
Simplified Crypto (Richard)
Working through review comments.
I'M IN UR BUGS, DELIGHTING UR REVIEWERS.
Account Management Portal
Sync Server 1.5 (Toby)
QA has signed off, awaiting deployment
Requires a mass table change before it can be launched. That should run today(?)
Node Management (Toby)
1.3 reg changes being pushed this morning. Code is handed off to ops.
Next-gen Server (Tarek)
- Ian has reviewed server-core, I am currently making the changes
- Waiting for the other code review
Identity Server (Tarek)
See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/OpenId for more info [work in progress!]
- The identity server logic is done and working on a few target websites
- I am currently simplifying the client because the way it interacts with the openid protocol is rather complex. The change is basically to avoid doing custom calls and just inject an Authorization header on regular openid calls done by the EP. That will automate the OP login, and will also make the EP receives what he expected all the time.
- Will start this week a Redis-based backend for the token and association handles.
- Will start a Funkload bench script.
Firefox Home 1.1 (Stefan)
Places GUID revamp (sdwilsh)
- This is in progress, mostly on the Places side, but will make a lot of our queries suck less (GUIDs will not be annos, and will be smaller)
- We need to make Firefox Sync 1.6 / Firefox 4.0b8 / Fennec 4.0b3 fwd compatible with this for bookmarks and history so that the migration is sane bug 614104. Need do this now as we're doing a storage version bump anyway.
- Short version of the plan: Firefox Sync 1.6 will write the right GUIDs already, migration will move them over to the GUID column. Bookmark GUIDs will be derived from the UUID to make migration and time travel sane.
App performance issues due to Places
- Resources are still an open question, but proposal is done. Waiting on Places branch merge (including the GUID fixes) before Places team can start. Also still looking to get help from mobile.