- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, 2J
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Currently Active Projects
- 1.1 J-PAKE (Philipp, Stefan, Tarek)
- 1.2 Simplified Crypto (Richard)
- 1.3 Account Management Portal (Toby)
- 1.4 Sync Server 1.5 (Toby)
- 1.5 Node Management (Toby)
- 1.6 Next-gen Server (Tarek)
- 1.7 Identity Server (Tarek)
- 1.8 Firefox Home 1.1 (Stefan)
- 1.9 Places GUID revamp (sdwilsh)
- 2 Upcoming Projects
Currently Active Projects
J-PAKE (Philipp, Stefan, Tarek)
Need to implement the last JPAKE change. Will wait with that until I have a nightly to test against.
- Security tested the app yesterday. We have fixed a config bug on memcached and they can test this again today
- We changed the load balancing strategy, will be tested today as well hopefully
- need to do a stage benchmark again then
- bsmith + philikon working on implementing JPAKE as XPCOM component.
- all other code is already rebased and uses the new XPCOM API.
- ETA: hopefully today
Simplified Crypto (Richard)
Landed on fx-sync. Philipp doing test builds including J-PAKE. Now working on backlog and helping on the list.
Account Management Portal (Toby)
Preliminary version done. Needs a little CSS love.
Have to hook it into paste, set up a build script and get it into hg.
Tests are proving tricky, since we have functions for writing but not necessarily reading back. Need to figure out how to make that happen.
Sync Server 1.5 (Toby)
Deployment had memcache hiccup, but seems to have been solved and is running nicely now.
Met with ops to discuss deployment issues. Followup meeting today.
Node Management (Toby)
Waiting to be an ops priority
Next-gen Server (Tarek)
- the dev cluster can be used at dev-sync.services.mozilla.com. It's pupettized so Richard can deploy it on stage next
- found some sharding issues I am fixing since yesterday+this morning. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=617302. Should be done+applied in dev by tomorrow noon CET
- until then, all data is going to the same DB, so it can still be tested
Identity Server (Tarek)
- Ready to pass the baby to JR
Firefox Home 1.1 (Stefan)
- One string/message change
- JPAKE Password Hashing
Then submit to App Store
Places GUID revamp (sdwilsh)
- Most patches done
- Future-proofing changes
App performance issues due to Places
- Resources are still an open question, but proposal is done. Waiting on Places branch merge (including the GUID fixes) before Places team can start. Also still looking to get help from mobile.