- Time: Wednesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, 2J (JK)
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- Blocked on netops (Vlan setup)
- Ability to ramp up more servers?
- switch config
- ~3 hours to get a rack of machines configured (read for ks)
- ACTION: jv to work with Layer42 on temp spin up & prep work
- Question from mconnor: Current queue for ops projects (have a lot of stuff in play, not clear what's current, should re-align if needed)
- atoll ff4 blockers:
- jpake logging
- jpake benchmark
- standalone memcache servers
See yesterday's meeting notes for detailed status on projects.
- Update on 3rd party testing
- Security Blocker - Bug 624048 - Attacker IP address incorrectly reported for all j-pake CEF events
Notes and actions
- Do a simulation of 10 million new activations over a 24 hour period? Given we have tons of extra capacity?
- Need to push on this, is there a bug?
Follow ups from last week
- Jeff/MConnor will drive the load test to simulate 10M new user activations over a 24 hour period.
- Ragavan will follow up with Marketing to see if there are better numbers for how many J-PAKE activations to expect on launch day.
- Status: We are still working on updating numbers. Current plan is to *not* simul-ship desktop and mobile, which means activations will be more spread out than anticipated. Also, we are getting revised estimates for downloads (not planning on doing a download day style push for launch). Sorry this is changing a lot, but I'll keep giving updates as and when I know stuff.
- atoll will provide numbers based on logs on current J-PAKE servers
- 21377 activation attempts per day in production last week, 2011-01-02 to 2011-01-08
- detailed method in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=619429
- MConnor/Ragavan will work on communicating regular status on Sync blockers for Fx 4.
- We won't be pursuing perf benchmarks until we get all Fx 4 blockers done.
Fx 4 client
Fx 4 server
- F1 (justin)
- Product roadmap - Ragavan is still working on getting an integrated roadmap across desktop/mobile/apps. Near term roadmap for Sync (for next 3-12 months) should be available within the next week. Roadmap for other services (Identity, Data sharing) will come a bit later after PM offsite (working on dates).