- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, 2J
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Currently Active Projects
- 1.1 Account Management Portal (Toby)
- 1.2 Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- 1.3 PAKE server (Tarek)
- 1.4 Identity Server (JR)
- 1.5 Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
- 1.6 Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
- 1.7 App performance issues due to Places (philikon)
- 1.8 Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- 1.9 Notifications (Shane/Alex)
- 2 Back-burner projects
- 3 Upcoming Projects
- 4 Roundtable
Currently Active Projects
Account Management Portal (Toby)
Now deployed to stage. Cleaning up a few things found there. Adding a little more work for internationalization.
Ragavan is looking at strings and layout.
Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- QA work is stalled - we had a DB bug. It seems to be related to a query that corrupts the Database. Stage needs to be updated.
- Working on the sreg server - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Sync/SRegAPI
- Fixing a few issues (Branding in Reg e-mails, etc)
PAKE server (Tarek)
- will check with mcoates why we have spurious CEF logs
Identity Server (JR)
- Began work resolving ID server milestones.
Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
Sending a 1.1.1 build to QA today so that we can release it next week. Mostly bug fixes.
One thing I would like to discuss:
This 1.1.1 version currently includes the JPAKE improvements that we've made. But, I'm not sure if the timing right for those.
- What is the time frame for pushing the key-exchange-server changes to the production servers?
- Should we wait with including this in Home until it is also in Firefox and thus better tested?
- We should also remove the auto-delete of the channel so that the final request can also be retried. The (now mandatory?) call to /report at the end of the transaction will take care of closing the channel?
App performance issues due to Places (philikon)
- sdwilsh has uploaded remaining patches for bug 606966 to provide:
- 1 callback per place to indicate success or failure
- an observer notification when mozIAsyncHistory::updatePlaces is done
- Need review and super-review now.
- API marked as experimental, nsINavHistoryService::addVisit won't be deprecated
- Might further evolve for Firefox 5, but no changes planned for Firefox 4 unless we find that the 1 callback per place is too much of a performance hit on mobile.
- philikon has rebased his work for bug 606353 on sdwilsh's latest patches
- tests pass
- next up: batch-applying incoming records
Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- we're down to 1 hardblocker bug 606353 and 6 softblockers.
- bunch of pretty bad bookmark bugs discovered last Thursday related to backup restore:
- need to land as many blockers on mozilla-central as possible before Friday (beta 11 freeze)
- should cut 1.6.3 later this week
Account Management Portal (Toby)
- Waiting on Ops to have cycles/need for this
Identity Framework (rnewman)
Still waiting for spec from Thunder.
Web-facing ID pages (TBD)
- Fallback for browsers/clients without Account Manager enabled
- Not started yet
- Server Applications Guidelines draft, final call for comments before this gets cleaned up and becomes real.
- Potential meeting changes